• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Let eBay know how dumb this is...

Maybe they’re doing this to try and stop time wasters? people bidding and winning auctions. But then deciding they want to pull it after the auction ends.

Happened to me a number of times, I lose a sale, and have to relist the item. Really pi55es me off! You can’t even report the bidder or leave them negative feedback for doing it!
There's penalties for sellers if you stop an auction when there's already bidders. So there should be penalties for buyers as well. Like having your account locked if you're a repeat offender of breaking rules.

I think maybe this can be a good thing also. Shouldn't it stop shill bidding too?
The Lion Museum would be spending a lot of money on his own items if this was the case.
I may be overlooking something but maybe it would stop it.

I just want the eBay of the 2000's back... when we had a wide open, do what you want, snipe, grab, offer, and if you want to shill then shill (noone buys their crap anyway) auction site. If blood was spilled and bodies piled up it did not matter and you could grab X metals for nothing and watches for half price. Now its controlled on the seller end and the buyer end by ebay.... why even watch ebay.... they might as well do my shopping and selling for me and let me know what they sold for me and bought for me. All the fun is gone and the prices are high, and noone list there anymore. I recall when there were so many Oakley listings popping up if you took a 15 minute break you would be behind a whole page of 120 items.

Delete is the only option in payments now.... Scanned everything in settings and see nothing to change it away.... I think this is policy now :(

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 12.16.27 PM.png

Bidding on a formal auction is a commitment to buy if your bid wins; I don’t see why eBay should be any different. It does make buy now, pay later more difficult I guess but you could always just buy a n a credit card to achieve that.

Latest Posts

Back