• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Limited Edition Oakley Gascan 3D

Hi All,

My first post here and I am looking to collect all variants on the Gascan 3D Glasses NIB
I have 4 initial questions:

1) Can anyone confirm that this is a definitive/complete list of what available so far...

Standard Black Edition
Standard White Edition
Limited Edition Transformers
Limited Edition Tron
Limited Edition TinTin
Limited Addition Hobbit

2) I have the TinTin / Hobbit / Standard Black NIB already, is it likely that I will be able to find the other 3 NIB as they are older and rarer. The ones coming around on ebay always seem to be used...

3) Have Oakley announced what the next Limited addition will be yet?

4) Would I be right in saying its not possible to buy any edition/variant of these glasses at the moment. The UK website shows all Ltd Editions as Discontinued or Sold Out and the regular ones as unavailable.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards,

David Howells

I have an extreme interest in collecting all the movie edition 3d glasses, so I've taken a specific interest in these as well.. finally got the complete set minus the standard black and white, which are just regular gascans with 3d lenses.

1. Yes, that is all.

2. It is absolutely likely that you will find the others. Hop on the exchange when you meet the criteria or a prime member and I guarantee that you'll have offers of them in a matter of a few days at least. Or there is always ebay. I believe there is a Transformers up right now . The tron one is a bit more rare it seems over the last few months when I was looking to complete my set. As for the standard one.. like I said, I had no interest in, cause there's nothing special about them.

3. Not that I'm aware.

4. You can find the hobbit and even the tintin on various websites that are not Oakley. www.6pm.com has had the hobbit as recent as last month.

Thanks for such a fast reply and I hope I can get those other editions...

Just to clarify, I have to get a certain status to post this as a request in the exchange part of the forum?

Also, I can see Transformers and Tron glasses on both UK and USA versions of ebay but the Transformers are not boxed and the Tron edition look quite worn.
To confirm I'm looking to get all 6 New and In Box.

Does the forum permit for putting an ebay link in a post? and If so could you send a link?

Thanks again!

You can PM me a link if you'd like. I'm not sure the exact rules of ebay postings. I think as long as you're not selling it... but rather asking opinions, that seems to be pretty common actually now that I think about it.

You need 15 useful posts, and two weeks? I think to be able to post in the exchange section. Or be a premium member. It definitely won't be a quick ordeal unless you find someone willing to offload the entire collection at once :p Hell, I'm debating it, but my Tron's have the slightest crease on the box from being opened. And I'm not at home at the moment.

Hi again, you mentioned a pair of Transformer glasses for sale at the moment, so I was hoping you could PM me that link.

Also, If you are in anyway considering it, I have money right away for the right price on the TRONS or TRANSFORMERS additions, assuming you have both NIB?

I suppose I don't mind a slight crease in the box, so long as its not all around, and as long as the glasses are unworn/near mint with the soft case and all the paperwork :)

Oh, sorry, didn't mean to turn this into a trade thread. Just interested in helping someone with a similar interest. The Transformers I saw on ebay are probably the ones you were looking at. I didn't really look to see if they had a box or not. Regardless, keep looking, up your post count and hang around for a little bit, and I'm sure you'll find a set. I don't want to circumvent the rules of trade, and didn't think that would happen. Also, like I said, still debating it.

It's a neat little set to have that's still obtainable.

Damn you Dallas, I had convinced myself I was fine not having the black and white pair and having a good set. Now I feel like I have to get those too..

I got last white pair in company I was told. Lots black ones left at $60

Latest Posts

Back