1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. stephie

stephie Oakley Beginner

Hi!
    I've owned 3 pairs of Oakleys in my life, and nostalgia makes me want to find a new perfect pair!

First pair I owned were Trenchcoats with the Bronzed gold glitter black frames and persimmon lenses...and I probably just butchered that description, lol. They were my bug-eyed Oakleys that sat on my cheeks (asian, no nose bridge), and I thought they were the coolest thing ever. Then I received a pair of Caveats as a gift...but the bloody frame that encircles the noses pads digs into my face over time and I end up with red marks :( And finally I scooped some wiretaps rx frames that sat for a long while until I had some polarized generic prescription lenses put in.

I have:
    No real nose bridge
    A fairly large head
    Not very deep orbital sockets (my eyelashes end up brushes my lenses most of the time)

I want a pair of sunglasses that evokes the awesomeness I felt every time I donned my old Trenchcoats (they met a terribly sad end btw). I've been eyeing the jawbones lately and wonder how they compare to trenchcoats...also, from what I can discern, Asian fit jawbones should have less curvature in the frames (good), larger nose pads (good), and possibly narrower frames than regular jawbones (bad).

Suggestions?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. TheWannaBe

TheWannaBe The O-Warrior Premium Member

XX xmetal frame :)

3. Malv1

Malv1 Oakley Collector

You selling some?

4. TheWannaBe

TheWannaBe The O-Warrior Premium Member

I wish :)

Malv1 likes this.
  5. G-901

G-901 Oakley Expert

I know this has been said 1000's of times but NOTHING beats hitting up an O store to actually check the fit as what others think is a "good" fit might not work for you

Malv1 likes this.
  6. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

go take a look at what @washi me sensie wears in the "What Oakleys are you wearing today?" thread.

7. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

My suggestion... Find and buy a trenchcoat...

Malv1 likes this.
  8. stephie

stephie Oakley Beginner

I'd do that, but I hear old Trenchcoats are very fragile and thus hard to wear :(

9. Malv1

Malv1 Oakley Collector

They aren't hard to wear but they do feel fragile. The Trenchies have weaker arms and you just have to be aware of that when taking them on and off but other than that they are fantastic!