• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Loose arms on razor blades fix?

lemonycactus

Oakley Beginner
I've got a pair of seafoam green heritage razor blades that I picked up off ebay last week and the arms are pretty loose. I had a pair of razor blades before that weren't nearly as loose, the arms on these ones kinda flop around and tend to come off rather easily. The clamp part near the hinges look bent out, kinda like if they've been replaced and swapped out a whole lot. I was wondering if anyone has any solutions, like if it's possible to bend the clip parts back into shape.

I've got a pair of seafoam green heritage razor blades that I picked up off ebay last week and the arms are pretty loose. I had a pair of razor blades before that weren't nearly as loose, the arms on these ones kinda flop around and tend to come off rather easily. The clamp part near the hinges look bent out, kinda like if they've been replaced and swapped out a whole lot. I was wondering if anyone has any solutions, like if it's possible to bend the clip parts back into shape.

I noticed on mine (several of the Heritage ones as well) they are loose even out of the box but the arms don't fall out.
If yours seem like they are bent perhaps soak them in very hot water before bending them back into shape? I've done this on a pair of Radars that had the frame slightly twisted from sitting around unused inside a soft vault case.

I noticed on mine (several of the Heritage ones as well) they are loose even out of the box but the arms don't fall out.
If yours seem like they are bent perhaps soak them in very hot water before bending them back into shape? I've done this on a pair of Radars that had the frame slightly twisted from sitting around unused inside a soft vault case.
Just did that, worked great and no more wobble. Thanks a ton!

Latest Posts

Back