1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Oakley Enthusiast

Okay,

I have talked to a couple CSRs at Oakley. several have said the current M-frame lens will not work in the older frames. My older M Frame lenses are loose in my RX M Frame and the RX lens will not even fit in the older frame..

Anyway, I want to get a Clear lens for a pair of M frames to use at work as safety glasses (up until I had contacts my RX glasses were fine)

So here is my OLDER M Frame:
    M Frames. How Many Different Versions? - CF-M-frame.jpg

Here are my Newer RX M Frames. I had gotten a new complete RX Frame 7/7/2006 so I am wondering if the current Lens will fit

M Frames. How Many Different Versions? - 2011-09-22_16-52-43_101.jpg

They look current but how else can I tell?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

I was playing around with my M Frame lenses, and yes the older verision is a bit more loose in a newer M Frame. But I seem to remember using newer lenses in an Gen 1 frame. I had a pair exactly like yours and unfortunately it cracked in the middle and could not be replaced (althought now that I think of it that may have been the reason for it's demise), I ended up with a Gen 2 carbon fiber print. There are only two verisions of the M Frame and any of the newer lenses will work with your Rx pair. I would use your Gen 1 sparingly as it's a bit more delicate than your Gen 2, plus it would be hard to replace.

3. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Oakley Enthusiast

Oakley is telling me the RX M Frames are not the current ones and that there was another tweak..

the RX pair really look like the current ones and all I want is a Clear lens for them.. ugh