1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Tags:
  1. Maldoror

Maldoror Oakley Beginner

Does anyone know the difference between normal and "Fishing Specific" Monster Dogs that were released? I've sourced a pair of MDs with VR28 polarised - my favourite frame and lens! Is this "Fishing Specific" just a marketing thing and they are the same as normal Monsters?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. G-901

G-901 Oakley Expert

The lenses are designed to help with clarity in/on the water with fishing specific where's as the "normal" lenses are not

3. Maldoror

Maldoror Oakley Beginner

Thanks for the info. Sounds really good.. only drawback is that I've realised the pair I am looking at aren't iridium. Just polarised VR28. I'm still tempted, but I do like my iridium..

4. pistolpetefan23

pistolpetefan23 Oakley Expert Premium Member

VR28 Polarized would be one of the best lenses for fishing outside of the fishing-specific ones. Though on open water in bright sunshine, it be a little bright, wearing a hat with them would help though.

5. Uluahunter

Uluahunter Oakley Collector

There was a VR28 black iridium polarized lens option for MD's...my go to lens for fishing. I've tried the shallow blue, deep blue and VR28 polarized lenses also, they don't perform as well on the water...I see a lot more with the VR28 BI's.