• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Monster Dog Frame Marks

vecte

Oakley Beginner
30sc954.jpg

My Monster Dogs acquired these marks from a cloth Costa retainer I had on them. Anyone have any recommendations for what might remove them? It's not a big deal if not because they have been my beater glasses for the last three years, and my ears do hide the marks somewhat. I just figured I would ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to say what it is and what it feels like. Looks like broken clear coat. At first I would clean them with a soap and then try to polish the surface.

Yep looks like crazing of the clearcoat. Possibly due to moisture under the sock & the sock that you had on the stem rubbing or moving. If it has crazed then the only way to resolve it would be to have them flatted down & the laquer reapplying. Try to see if you can remove any of the coating with your finger nail & if it does it had cracked & lost its adhesion. I'd put the sock back over it & continue to use them as your beater pair or send them to me & I'll take care of them :wink:

I may just see what I can get for the frames and polarized lenses. They do have some markings on them, but I can still probably get about $50 I would think.

Back