• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Monster Dogs gone wrong

Looking at your pics, there doesn't appear to be any gouges. So using some 800 grit (wet and dry), sand out the scratches as much as you can then use a polishing paste to take out the finest ones. Looking for one which is polycarbonate safe is essential.
. I've had to take out scratches on O matter twice(once on a pair of olive Dogs and then on a pair of Datboard L's, the Dogs had gouges on so no ball), when a seller has bull$hitted about the condition of used pairs. It is possible, with a bit of dedication and 'elbow-grease' to getting therm looking as good as new.

Okay well sadly as it turns out the case wasn't ruled in my favour....for which I don't know but I guess I'm kinda thankful to have realised how bad it is to deal on ebay. Thinking to write it off completely and use the O forum as my primary buying engine - Thankfully and For which I am ever so grateful to everybosy on this forum - I've had some amazing buys from here and haven't ever been disappointed. So kudos to all here for being awesome.

Okay so now let's move this thread to a new discussion of what I can potentially do with the dogs. I was contemplating on just sqeezin lg out a can of spray-paint on it myself which is the extent of how i do my diy stuff. I almost never try it on most valuable pairs. Just the ones that have been old and sitting with me for quite a while. All in all, I've done about five to six frames and only two turned out to be fairly alright. So I guess that's out of the question. One thing that I really want is an O Matter frame that is painted Polished Chrome. So, is there anybody here on the forum that can help me with that. Let me also know how much it will cost me to have it done.

Oh, Also, let me know IF it would be possible to have it done a polished clear colour.

Thanks a bunch.
The world famous Dr Chop has a website you can use to contact him. He does some spectacular work which has been validated by many a member here.
http://www.drchopshop.com/

There are a few other members who do custom work, if I remember correctly, I'm sorry guys but I just can't recall who you are and if they do work for others

You can try searching in the DIY/Modding area.

Sorry you got screwed on ebay. I've bought 6 pairs there and only had 2 slight issues which were resolved to my satisfaction. In both cases I kept the glasses/lenses. I've only received 1 pair out of the 6 that were like new (no scratches/blemishes anywhere). I always go into the sales if worst case scenerio the glasses were in worse condition than anticipated, I could accept them based on the price I've paid.

The one question I ALWAYS ask of any pair. "Are there any scratches/blemishes/marks on the frames and/or lenses". If the seller is unwilling to either take really clear pictures for you or provide you with a detailed explaination on their condition, then I usually walk away. I've walked away from 100's of pairs opposed to the 6 I've purchased.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back