• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Most iconic Oakley watch

Which Oakley watch design is the most iconic

• Total voters
Yeah, once it becomes a regular production piece price goes way down. The non-COSC 7750s become even less expensive. I remember getting a Maurice Lacroix Chroneo for $800 when he was trying to liquidate stock. Great price. They didn't heavily modify the movement like other brands such as IWC would have, but it was nicely decorated. There's still deals to be had on the secondary market for 7750s but Swatch's business practices really increased the cost for developing small production pieces.

Yeah, once it becomes a regular production piece price goes way down. The non-COSC 7750s become even less expensive. I remember getting a Maurice Lacroix Chroneo for $800 when he was trying to liquidate stock. Great price. They didn't heavily modify the movement like other brands such as IWC would have, but it was nicely decorated. There's still deals to be had on the secondary market for 7750s but Swatch's business practices really increased the cost for developing small production pieces.
I think quite a few of the elaborée and top grade 7750s meet most of the COSC certification, it's just the average daily variation where they miss out.

They are notoriously easy to regulate to within COSC specs to 3 positions (dial up, dial down, crown up). I personally have a hard time getting it in specs to the last 3.

They are notoriously easy to regulate to within COSC specs to 3 positions (dial up, dial down, crown up). I personally have a hard time getting it in specs to the last 3.
Is the regulation less fine on the non-COSC movements?

Having "saved" the Swiss watch industry, the Swatch group now seem intent on killing it off - for non-Swatch group manufacturers anyway. I wondered if they would take a less hard line without Nicolas Hayek but didn't seem to happen. Keeping it in the family I guess. Strangling Nivarox supply probably hit even harder than ETA...

I have been told the COSC version is easier to regulate because it's already set up to be within those specs, but i've never tried regulating a COSC version myself yet. Never had a reason to crack open the seal to try since all mine are very reliable. I've regulated the other non-COSC versions and they are equally easy but same issue with unable to get it perfectly within specs for the last three positions.

Well you have all the standard colorways. You have all the special editions and the Olympic ones. I'm sure it is.:D

Back