• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MotoGP Carbon Prime

@John cooper

the differences are:
- the white icon
- the etching
- the funny tube
- the moto microbag

BTW 100 were official made!

Yes what I was getting at was they are not that much difference to justify the price or time looking for some not like the old limited edition sets like the 24k x metal or c6.

You can get a more or less identical pair for 1/3 the price don't get me wrong the moto gp would be nice to have as a set but if you wanted some to use I would get the normal.

Yes what I was getting at was they are not that much difference to justify the price or time looking for some not like the old limited edition sets like the 24k x metal or c6.

You can get a more or less identical pair for 1/3 the price don't get me wrong the moto gp would be nice to have as a set but if you wanted some to use I would get the normal.

I would use them daily for riding my motorcycle and driving. That's a lot of money for daily use and the occasional drop. I have a pair of Ducati Nicky Haden wind jackets that have hit the ground a few times and taken a few direct hits from some bugs at high speed.......haha.

Maybe the standard carbon prime is the way to go. Been a MotoGP fan since 1998 and would be cool to have those, but I would be bummed if I paid that much for them and dropped them and got scratched up.

Maybe the standard carbon prime is the way to go. Been a MotoGP fan since 1998 and would be cool to have those, but I would be bummed if I paid that much for them and dropped them and got scratched up.

You could also get a MotoGP for display and a standard for wear. Nobody would know the difference between the two on the face anyways. :D

Like @Lupetto said just get the normal prime they are the same really. as they only made 150 moto gp prime they will be hard to get a hold of and cost $$$$ more. The only difference is the lens is not etched with the moto gp.
Like @Lupetto said just get the normal prime they are the same really. as they only made 150 moto gp prime they will be hard to get a hold of and cost $$$$ more. The only difference is the lens is not etched with the moto gp.
@John cooper is right where it counts. But they had individual serial numbers, and came with the commonly available black tube (that came with the Badman and Madman) as well as having the different Microfibre Bag. Officially, there weren't 150. There's allegedly only 100 Moto GP carbon primes were made with another 5 made available in Australia (as far as I know). You can find more information about it from @Oakleynerd's marathon discussion and list of current owners, here (P.S. pack your lunch. It's a long read!!)... Carbon Prime MotoGP ordered / received / got canceled / looking for one

Other members on the forum who I think are Moto GP enthusiasts:-
@del518
@HDOakley
@motoGP_fanatic

as well as...
@BadDad320 (ducati)
@GRFMotorsports
@motoGP_fanatic
@Plum21 (ducati)

Last edited:
Back