• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Extremely Humble Collection

Here are some new updates. My fifth R1 is a @Bonz-1 Custom Matte Copper Cerakote whit (@ChinoTJ) Matte Black lenses from @SEAN WAYNE! The frame for this new addition came from @bandit.sunglasses.

2024RomeoMedium.jpg

For my fifth XX, I went a slightly different route. I sourced a TiO2 from @Brett28 that was in need of a little TLC. The X-Metal arms and nose bridge were pretty crisp, but the orbitals needed some help. Instead of Cerakoting the entire frame, @Bonz-1 only coated the orbitals in Matte Copper, retaining that two-tone appearance AND the serial number! He even changed the pins to X-Metal finish to match the nose bridge! Of course @SEAN WAYNE came through with the LG Matte Black lenses, which are becoming one of my new favorites.

2024XXMedium.jpg

Changes coming up are my fifth R2, fifth Half-X, and fourth glorifier that will give me space for an additional 4-5 pairs... stay tuned!

So the remainder of my 5th round of X-Metals showed up the other day. All of my newest X-Metals were customized in one way or another.

Here is my line-up of Half-X (top to bottom):

1) Blasted XM finish with LG Turquoise
2) Matte Copper Cerakote with LG Matte Black Lenses
3) Plasma with Ice (OEM)
4) Polished with Custom Cut "XS" Lenses by @Chris A Hardaway
5) Carbon with Black Iridium (OEM)

2024Half-XMedium copy.jpg

My current R2 pairs are in the next pic (top to bottom):

1) Polished with Fuse Pro Polarized Chrome (no etching)
2) Blasted XM finish with Fuse Pro Polarized "Sapphire" which is similar to OEM Jade (no etching)
3) Carbon with Fuse Pro Polarized Cascade which is similar to Fruby (no etching)
4) Matte Copper Cerakote with LG Matte Black Lenses
5) Plasma with LG Matte Indigo Lenses

2024Romeo2Medium copy.jpg

The Matte Copper Cerakote has become one of my favorite custom finishes. Here is a shot of all of the X-Metals I had finished in Matte Copper Cerakote and paired with LG Matte Black Lenses. The Juliet was done by @zwc0442, the R1 was done by @Bonz-1, and the XS, Half-X, and R2 were done by @SEAN WAYNE... all beautiful work.

2024X-MetalMatteCopperCollectionMedium copy.jpg

So the remainder of my 5th round of X-Metals showed up the other day. All of my newest X-Metals were customized in one way or another.

Here is my line-up of Half-X (top to bottom):

1) Blasted XM finish with LG Turquoise
2) Matte Copper Cerakote with LG Matte Black Lenses
3) Plasma with Ice (OEM)
4) Polished with Custom Cut "XS" Lenses by @Chris A Hardaway
5) Carbon with Black Iridium (OEM)

View attachment 1135704

My current R2 pairs are in the next pic (top to bottom):

1) Polished with Fuse Pro Polarized Chrome (no etching)
2) Blasted XM finish with Fuse Pro Polarized "Sapphire" which is similar to OEM Jade (no etching)
3) Carbon with Fuse Pro Polarized Cascade which is similar to Fruby (no etching)
4) Matte Copper Cerakote with LG Matte Black Lenses
5) Plasma with LG Matte Indigo Lenses

View attachment 1135705

The Matte Copper Cerakote has become one of my favorite custom finishes. Here is a shot of all of the X-Metals I had finished in Matte Copper Cerakote and paired with LG Matte Black Lenses. The Juliet was done by @zwc0442, the R1 was done by @Bonz-1, and the XS, Half-X, and R2 were done by @SEAN WAYNE... all beautiful work.

View attachment 1135713
You are amazing with your eye for perfection and collecting. Great set ups.

You are amazing with your eye for perfection and collecting. Great set ups.

Thank you RJ! It's a blessing and a curse at the same time. I've learned that almost nothing is perfect, and if it does seem perfect, it's just luck :idk: 😆

You have to see my revised trading card cases. I changed over to FireBox sleeves (for the look) and all of my cards are in Pelican 1520 cases of varying colors. I'll text you pics if you want a peek.

Thank you RJ! It's a blessing and a curse at the same time. I've learned that almost nothing is perfect, and if it does seem perfect, it's just luck :idk: 😆

You have to see my revised trading card cases. I changed over to FireBox sleeves (for the look) and all of my cards are in Pelican 1520 cases of varying colors. I'll text you pics if you want a peek.
You know I love trading and sports cards so let's see it when you have time tonight!

Back