• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold Red Minute Machine / MM / Time Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

Hello, Everyone!
New to the forum but an Oakley fan for over 30 years. I even put Oakley stickers on my car in high school back in '94, but I missed out on the years of the watches.

Looking for a well-used, red-face, metal-band Minute Machine or Time Tank. The mint-condition collector's items I've been seeing are a bit too pricey, and I would just be scratching it up from wearing it anyway. Some damage would be ok too, if it's repairable. If you have one like this that you don't really use anymore, or you are looking to upgrade your collection with better-condition items, then let me know.

You can rest assured knowing it's going to a good home because it will be getting lots of use and be out in public for everyone to see and enjoy. I don't really need any extra links or a case (but the large black case with the ribs would be nice). PM me with your thoughts, and we can make a deal.

Thanks,
-Bryan

Some people reacted to this post.
You might have better luck buying a different color one, buying a red face, and swapping it out. I have yet to see a red faced beater on this site.

What price r you looking to obtain a “well used” red MM.

Prices have jumped up over the past couple years like everything else ..I wouldn’t expect to find any used red faced MM south of $1,000-$1,200 unless something is inherently wrong with it .

Understood. Just looking to save some cost and not feel bad when it gets scratched. I imagine someone has one that is missing some links, no paperwork, no box, scratches, maybe even needs a new movement. Maybe a collector who transfers all of the worst parts of his watches onto one and sells it without any accessories.

Maybe I'm wrong, and I'll just have to get a nice one and be very very careful with it. I gotta try though.

-Bryan

Username Hidden said:
Understood. Just looking to save some cost and not feel bad when it gets scratched. I imagine someone has one that is missing some links, no paperwork, no box, scratches, maybe even needs a new movement. Maybe a collector who transfers all of the worst parts of his watches onto one and sells it without any accessories.

Maybe I'm wrong, and I'll just have to get a nice one and be very very careful with it. I gotta try though.

-Bryan
would you really want that?? Why not spend premium for a nice clean red MM instead of a headache waiting down the line

I guess I'm just a fixer-upper kind of guy. It would be fun to do things like replace damaged links or clasp, maybe work with a jeweler to replace a crystal or worn out movement. If it's heavily scratched up, I could eventually get it polished. It'll be good to see what's available out there, because I really don't know what to expect. Thanks for the feedback.

-Bryan

Username Hidden said:
Hello, Everyone!
New to the forum but an Oakley fan for over 30 years. I even put Oakley stickers on my car in high school back in '94, but I missed out on the years of the watches.

Looking for a well-used, red-face, metal-band Minute Machine or Time Tank. The mint-condition collector's items I've been seeing are a bit too pricey, and I would just be scratching it up from wearing it anyway. Some damage would be ok too, if it's repairable. If you have one like this that you don't really use anymore, or you are looking to upgrade your collection with better-condition items, then let me know.

You can rest assured knowing it's going to a good home because it will be getting lots of use and be out in public for everyone to see and enjoy. I don't really need any extra links or a case (but the large black case with the ribs would be nice). PM me with your thoughts, and we can make a deal.

Thanks,
-Bryan
There's a Red Faced Minute Machine for sale on Facebook Marketplace out of Dunedin, FL. Just saw it up a few days ago. Looked in good shape.

Warning to all: The guy in the photos below is a scammer. His screen name at the time was "Droll". Note the watch, the case, the guy's hands, and the background (towel?), so that if you ever receive messages from him, you can ignore them and not waste your time. I think these are actually his images because I asked for a second set showing specific details, and he provided them. He used the name Michael Gedrich, email Mlgkeg555@yahoo.com, and claimed to be from Tennessee. The watch is in great shape, so it will be difficult to distinguish, but there are a couple specific things you can see to identify it to a good degree of certainty.

By the way, I did end up getting a good MM from a member, and he was very prompt with shipping (received today).

Cheers,
-Bryan

IMG_2023-06-22-21-34.jpg

IMG_2023-06-22-21-35.jpg

IMG_2023-06-22-21-35-.jpg

IMG_2023-06-24-20-12.jpg

IMG_2023-06-24-20-12-21.jpg

Screenshot_2023-06-24-20-12-07-11_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Last edited:
Username Hidden said:
Warning to all: The guy in the photos below is a scammer. His screen name at the time was "Droll". Note the watch, the case, the guy's hands, and the background (towel?), so that if you ever receive messages from him, you can ignore them and not waste your time. I think these are actually his images because I asked for a second set showing specific details, and he provided them. He used the name Michael Gedrich, email Mlgkeg555@yahoo.com, and claimed to be from Tennessee. The watch is in great shape, so it will be difficult to distinguish, but there are a couple specific things you can see to identify it to a good degree of certainty.

By the way, I did end up getting a good MM from member "Oakininam", and he was very prompt with shipping (received today).

Cheers,
-Bryan

View attachment 1068139

View attachment 1068140

View attachment 1068141

View attachment 1068142

View attachment 1068143

View attachment 1068144
@Tomcat14

Status
Not open for further replies.