• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My First Oakley Double Wide Display Cabinet

• Thread starter Deleted member 24326
  • Start date
Why all the hostility? I’m afraid I don’t understand you guys. I have no problem with being wrong. I said there are exceptions, but I’d bet AVERAGE price is a lot higher. Congrats to you who scored deals...?

don't mind the wackos bruh, if you are happy with the purchase that's all it matters.
once again congratulations post a pic when its all filled up :drinks:

I’ll tell you what...my cabinet arrived moments ago. This is one very serious piece of cabinetry. For all the talk about cost/value and my concern... it’s stupid. I have some experience with custom millwork. You guys have any idea what it would cost you to make a cabinet like this sans Oakley? It would be insanity. Outside of the Oakley Ecosystem, this cabinet is an absolute steal at $5000 and an off the chart bargain at $700. I would’ve paid more and been extremely happy.
I’ve noticed in my extremely brief time here that there’s a certain pride that others seem to get from claiming the best bargain. I see on so many threads the question “so what did you pay?” Followed with “oh really? I got mine for X”. I see this here, on Oakley facebook groups, and other forums. It’s one thing to get excited about something you bought and want to share with others of a similar taste/mindset, but asking what someone paid with the express goal of letting them know what a great deal you got....? I just don’t get it. It’s like a reverse of a fisherman’s tale and how the largest fish you caught seems to get bigger over time. I’ve not seen this in any of the hobbies I’ve ever had. Weird.
Anyways, I am f’ing thrilled with this thing!!! It does my heart good to know that back when Oakley was Oakley, they put as much thought/energy into their displays and POS material as they did their product... companies like them are definitely the exception, not the rule. I miss that Oakley profoundly. I don’t get out much these days and I’m assuming it’s different now only because of what I see online. Am I correct in thinking that today’s Oakley, a division of Luxottica, is but a shadow of its former self?
26669CD2-CF12-4455-A059-33121D9D00A5.jpeg
F6B80CF2-810F-4259-8773-EB0FE67F021F.jpeg

You are absolutely correct. Oakley took great pride and went through a tremendous effort to display their product. Who owns a cabinet made to display Fritos! Yea I thought so. Oakley cabinets are art all by themselves. Do not let the nay sayers take away from the satisfaction of owning the case. There are bargains out there from time to time. I’ve made a few local scores that were just as costly however. I don’t regret a single one of them. Buy what you want. Great case. I’m looking forward to seeing it decked out.

I’ll tell you what...my cabinet arrived moments ago. This is one very serious piece of cabinetry. For all the talk about cost/value and my concern... it’s stupid. I have some experience with custom millwork. You guys have any idea what it would cost you to make a cabinet like this sans Oakley? It would be insanity. Outside of the Oakley Ecosystem, this cabinet is an absolute steal at $5000 and an off the chart bargain at $700. I would’ve paid more and been extremely happy.
I’ve noticed in my extremely brief time here that there’s a certain pride that others seem to get from claiming the best bargain. I see on so many threads the question “so what did you pay?” Followed with “oh really? I got mine for X”. I see this here, on Oakley facebook groups, and other forums. It’s one thing to get excited about something you bought and want to share with others of a similar taste/mindset, but asking what someone paid with the express goal of letting them know what a great deal you got....? I just don’t get it. It’s like a reverse of a fisherman’s tale and how the largest fish you caught seems to get bigger over time. I’ve not seen this in any of the hobbies I’ve ever had. Weird.
Anyways, I am f’ing thrilled with this thing!!! It does my heart good to know that back when Oakley was Oakley, they put as much thought/energy into their displays and POS material as they did their product... companies like them are definitely the exception, not the rule. I miss that Oakley profoundly. I don’t get out much these days and I’m assuming it’s different now only because of what I see online. Am I correct in thinking that today’s Oakley, a division of Luxottica, is but a shadow of its former self?
View attachment 549101 View attachment 549102

Awesome congratulations

You are absolutely correct. Oakley took great pride and went through a tremendous effort to display their product. Who owns a cabinet made to display Fritos! Yea I thought so. Oakley cabinets are art all by themselves. Do not let the nay sayers take away from the satisfaction of owning the case. There are bargains out there from time to time. I’ve made a few local scores that were just as costly however. I don’t regret a single one of them. Buy what you want. Great case. I’m looking forward to seeing it decked out.

Thanks a lot bro!!! I totally agree! Stunning pieces of work these things are! Just beyond badass. I can’t stop looking at this thing.
Look previous post... know which model mine is?

I’ll sell you a single wide version of that for $2500. Hell of a deal

I get it, but Nah, I’m good now. $700 for cabinet plus $150/van/$200 for guy who delivered it. I couldn’t be happier.

I’m done. One large Oakley cabinet filled with X-Metal. Once that’s done, it’s onto my next huge project. The End of Oakley purchases for me... unless I happen upon something extraordinary.

I get it, but Nah, I’m good now. $700 for cabinet plus $150/van/$200 for guy who delivered it. I couldn’t be happier.

I’m done. One large Oakley cabinet filled with X-Metal. Once that’s done, it’s onto my next huge project. The End of Oakley purchases for me... unless I happen upon something extraordinary.

Either way, I’m glad you got what you want and are happy with it. They are good cases. The only thing I would recommend is getting some tempered glass shelves for it. The acrylic shelves that came with have a tendency to bow/warp over time depending on how much weight you put on the shelves. Alot of people have to flip the shelves over on a regular basis because of it.

Colored lighting also adds a nice touch.
f65947af0c00615b2a1cf825a3bf838f.jpg

a15fe13ab2992fa59e6895fd62a14588.jpg

Back