1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. bluenose

bluenose Oakley Beginner

Going to be getting a new pair soon but can't decide on radar or the newer radar lock what do you guys think. I seen a real nice pair of radar in polished aluminium which I would like but can't find the lock model in this colour is it available ? Cheers

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. s3sunruh

s3sunruh Oakley Collector

That polished aluminum color isn't available on the radarlock... yet. We'll have to see. There is a silver though for the radarlock, it's just not quite the same chrome finish. The thing with the polished aluminum finish on the original radar is that it flakes after extended use or after changing the lenses a few times, so be wary if you go that way.

I personally prefer the radarlock though.

3. bluenose

bluenose Oakley Beginner

dont like the sound of the flaking bud is it a unavoidable trait of the finish ?

4. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

Radarlock's SwitchLock mech is easier to work with. I thought the frame looked better as well. Only thing I see going in favor of the Radar is the Range lens shape, if you actually prefer it. Otherwise tint selection and custom options for the Radarlock should be enough now.

I have the Radarlock silver frame, if this helps. Not polished, just a solid texture.
    My Next Purchase Radar Or Radar Lock - IMG_1302.jpg

5. Mikkelf

Mikkelf Oakley Beginner

I say go for Radarlock. The older radarframe in chrome is a nightmare. Used to have it but it would flake on the nosepiece as it is painted on radar and shifting lenses requires you to slide the lense on the nosepiece. Hence wear and tear follows. On the Radarlock that problem is eliminated.

6. bluenose

bluenose Oakley Beginner

Thanks guys ill defo go for radar lock like the silver version above cheers for post .

7. bluenose

bluenose Oakley Beginner

Would it be greedy to want a black frame and a silver frame lol

8. Mikkelf

Mikkelf Oakley Beginner

I have three frames already. Two is minimum :). And extra ear socks for customizing. Bare necessities.

9. bluenose

bluenose Oakley Beginner

Cool ill show that to the wife tell her it's a must

10. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

:p your money.

Ended up with two frames myself, partly because the silver one was just a deal and my first try of the frame (and Oakley period). Got a Matte Heather Grey frame (which was also a deal) afterwards with the lens I wanted. Not sure if I can pull off the look, but I my Silver/Ice combo is probably my "casual" pair now.