• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Next Purchase Radar Or Radar Lock

bluenose

Oakley Enthusiast
Scotland
Going to be getting a new pair soon but can't decide on radar or the newer radar lock what do you guys think. I seen a real nice pair of radar in polished aluminium which I would like but can't find the lock model in this colour is it available ? Cheers

That polished aluminum color isn't available on the radarlock... yet. We'll have to see. There is a silver though for the radarlock, it's just not quite the same chrome finish. The thing with the polished aluminum finish on the original radar is that it flakes after extended use or after changing the lenses a few times, so be wary if you go that way.

I personally prefer the radarlock though.

Radarlock's SwitchLock mech is easier to work with. I thought the frame looked better as well. Only thing I see going in favor of the Radar is the Range lens shape, if you actually prefer it. Otherwise tint selection and custom options for the Radarlock should be enough now.

I have the Radarlock silver frame, if this helps. Not polished, just a solid texture.
IMG_1302.jpg

I say go for Radarlock. The older radarframe in chrome is a nightmare. Used to have it but it would flake on the nosepiece as it is painted on radar and shifting lenses requires you to slide the lense on the nosepiece. Hence wear and tear follows. On the Radarlock that problem is eliminated.

Would it be greedy to want a black frame and a silver frame lol

:p your money.

Ended up with two frames myself, partly because the silver one was just a deal and my first try of the frame (and Oakley period). Got a Matte Heather Grey frame (which was also a deal) afterwards with the lens I wanted. Not sure if I can pull off the look, but I my Silver/Ice combo is probably my "casual" pair now.

Back