1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. eedwinn

eedwinn Oakley Beginner

Hi guys, I've recently bought a pair of Asian Fit Flak Jacket as well as a pair of accessory XLJ lenses from the online Oakley store. I've realised that the size of the XLJ lenses that I've bought online are bigger than those that I've tried in the local stores (also XLJ lenses but fitted on the Asian Fit frames).

Anyone can clarify that this information is correct? And where will I be able to get the smaller version of the XLJ lenses for my Asian Fit Flak jacket?

Appreciate all help!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

XLJ lenses for the Flak Jacket do not come in different sizes, there are only two types of lenses for the Flak Jacket, the Standard (Rounded shape) and the XLJ (Squared shape). If you pull a lense out of the Flak Jacket you bought and then compare the two lenses to see if there is truly a difference. It kind of sounds like you tried the standard lense on and bought the XLJ lenses.

3. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

I've asked this question before and an employee who is on this board confirmed that there is no difference in the lens sizes for the Asian fit and regular Flak Jackets.

4. eedwinn

eedwinn Oakley Beginner

This is a very weird phenomenon then! I've tried the Asian Fit XLJ from the stores and they don't touch my cheeks. However, the accessory XLJ lenses that I've bought from the online store and fitted on my Asian fit frames do!

Anyone knows why that is so?

5. RetinaBurn

They may have had the bigger nose bombs installed on them. Flak Jacket come with two different size nose bombs and the pair you tried on probably had the bigger nose bombs, which would make the glasses sit higher.

6. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

^^^ What he said.

I wear the regular (non-Asian Fit) Flak Jackets with XLJ lenses. I'm also Asian. If i don't use the bigger nose bombs, the bottom of the XLJ lens will touch my cheeks. Try switching out your nose bombs.

7. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

I take back what i said.

I just picked up a couple newer pairs of Flak Jackets and in the middle of swapping lenses around, i realized the newer lenses are in fact bigger. Here's what i mean:

It's kinda hard to tell in the picture, but the newer lenses are about 1/8 in longer at the bottom and flare out a bit more at the outside edge. The tops are still the same and will fit all Flak frames.

Here's another picture with both lenses being +Red and both being different sizes:

My apologies to eedwinn, as it appears you may have tried on an old display model at the store, but when you bought the lenses online, you got a newer version.

Last edited by a moderator: 7/10/14
  8. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

Not sure if I like that extra lump on the corner of the new lenses. LOL

9. bouncing_boy77

bouncing_boy77 Oakley Enthusiast

eventhough i don't use xlj lenses, i'd prefer the old ones.

10. RetinaBurn

I will have to retract my reply too, very nice detective work on the part SpliceD! I wonder why the change?