• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Help with lighting issue

Ramslacrosse09

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
North Carolina
I bought a black single wide 3.0 tower recently. I got the case as a steal of a deal but of course now the lights are not working. I am not very electrically inclined so I thought I would hit up the forum for their expert opinions.

The Issue is every time I plug in the case in and flip the switch at the bottoms it buzzes for a second and than blows the circuit breaker. I thought maybe it was to much on that breaker so i ran a heavy duty extension cord and tried 3 other outlets in my house all with out luck, it blew every time. I took off all the covers and could not see any dark colored or burnt wires. I was wondering if the ballast went bad but I didn't think that should blow the breaker but not really sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Also i can take pics tonight if someone needs a specific picture to help me figure it out

I would grab a similar ballast off ebay for $20 or so. Also, theres two fluro bulbs under the bottom shelf and two in the top.
the ballasts are cheap chinese crap.

The lights are probably low voltage and the transformer is probably faulty ( dead short) causing the breaker to trip
Replace the transformer with an equivalent type and you should be ok. The lamps may also have blown so will need replacing too
I'm a uk electrician with 32 years experience.

I would suggest just replace the whole lighting assembly. Ballast type is kind a old school. Use the LED light instead.

In additional in LED it will last longer than normal floro light. Quite expensive but worth it.

The spot lights on top have an Oakley OE LED replacement part. they will work on the existing transformer. Replacing the 20 inch fluro tubes with LEDS would be quite the project. the fluro bulbs are hard to find as is.

Back