• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Help With The M-Frame

Zax

Chicago
Ok I am panicking a little bit. I was playing around with my M-Frame while waiting patiently for my students to clean up, and the lens came off. I stuck one end in and bent the lens slightly to get the other in, and pushed the middle upwards. However, it's not staying! It's extremely loose and in my opinion, unsafe for the woodshop. Did I do something wrong? Why aren't they snapping in place :S

The hooks aren't set in the corners. Take the lens out, and try again.

If the gap between the top of the lens and frame is too big when you try and set the hooks in they won't set all the way. You'll feel them move into the slot, then click in further when it's in the right spot.

make sure you can only see about 1/16" of the hook portion of the lens below the frame, or you've missed the slot.

Also, I would suggest looking for a lens that uses the ballistic clip above the nose. If the lens isn't set you won't be able to fasten the clip, and if you can they've got the clip keeping them from falling out.

Just as before stated. M-Frames can bea little pain in the a$$ to put back if you don't get it just right. When you hear a loud pop or click they have been put in right if you don't hear it they are not in right.

I generally put both end tabs in the frames and then pop the middle in. Hope this helps

Back