• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New 2013 Releases

New watches as well.

Polished minute machine with a grey dial (could be wrong on the color the pic I saw wasn't good)

Gearbox- black strap/black & white dial/polished bezel

Gearbox- black strap/black dial/gold bezel and hands (looks sick)

Gearbox- white strap/white dial/gold bezel

Seems I may need to make a visit to my friendly, local Portland O Store and talk with some random people...

I don't have any other info besides release date.

To those that don't like these, you don't have to comment you know? Nothing is being contributed by you saying that these styles aren't your taste or that they will suck. If you don't like it press the back button.

Just to be 100% clear, I was not 'hating'. I would hope that my reputation on OF as a rational contributor would prevent me from being categorised as a hater. Also if you check back on my initial post in this thread, I said I was approaching these releases (as I always do) with an open mind - and indeed went on to spur on the hope that I like one of the frames.

At this stage, it's a waste of time hating on these releases if many of us haven't actually seen them. But then again I don't think we can blame folks for feeling some trepidation given recent output. I agree with the sentiment though Batters, let's everyone perhaps keep a bit more of an open mind until we actually see the frames! Haha.

Regarding your comment on hitting the back button, I thought the idea of a forum was to discuss topics from all sides, and sometimes even coming to conclusions on those topics (usually that I am correct :wink: ). I don't think that policing people's views, and their right to express them (whether right or wrong) should be encouraged.

Haters on this forum are indeed gunna hate, but perhaps they need to be reasoned with - with counter-argument - rather than simply silenced.

Anyway, on balance, I still have my fingers crossed that Oakley release something I like in 2013.

Hey Herb, I didn't mean to single you out as my post wasn't addressed at anyone in particular. But there are a few members who never have anything good to say about anything. I'll leave you guys to decide who those people are.

Just to be 100% clear, I was not 'hating'. I would hope that my reputation on OF as a rational contributor would prevent me from being categorised as a hater. Also if you check back on my initial post in this thread, I said I was approaching these releases (as I always do) with an open mind - and indeed went on to spur on the hope that I like one of the frames.

At this stage, it's a waste of time hating on these releases if many of us haven't actually seen them. But then again I don't think we can blame folks for feeling some trepidation given recent output. I agree with the sentiment though Batters, let's everyone perhaps keep a bit more of an open mind until we actually see the frames! Haha.

Regarding your comment on hitting the back button, I thought the idea of a forum was to discuss topics from all sides, and sometimes even coming to conclusions on those topics (usually that I am correct :wink: ). I don't think that policing people's views, and their right to express them (whether right or wrong) should be encouraged.

Haters on this forum are indeed gunna hate, but perhaps they need to be reasoned with - with counter-argument - rather than simply silenced.

Anyway, on balance, I still have my fingers crossed that Oakley release something I like in 2013.
I haven't posted much lately as my infant son has kept my quite occupied but I have to agree with you. What's the point of joining a message board if people are discouraged from speaking their point of view even if it's from a negative standpoint? As long as it's not trolling, shouldn't discussion be encouraged, especially by staff?

B.O.T.

I'm quite curious about the Two Face as my inner-Bat Fan loved the character. But I can't imagine it being two different sides of glasses joined in the middle. LOL

a PBII with less titanium hmmm - hopefully, i don't have to save that much, to get a few...

:laugh:

still wanna see some pics, so hurry up Oakley!!!

Hey Herb, I didn't mean to single you out as my post wasn't addressed at anyone in particular. But there are a few members who never have anything good to say about anything. I'll leave you guys to decide who those people are.

Yeah Herb I wasnt calling you a hater or anything, I was just generalizing as I assumed Bat was also. :) Just to clear the air, nothing but love for ya man.

Back