• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Case

spin_nin

I should Work at Oakley
Chicago, IL.
Got a new case in today. Manufactured by the same people that produced my smaller case @Display Cases Direct. Both are designed to hold 1:24 die cast, but the smaller case's dimensions were excellent for Oakleys.

Because the larger case (has more slots to hold more cars) is made to house any 1:24 scale die cast car or truck, it has larger slots that don't fit around my glasses quite as nicely as the case designed to hold the 1:24 NASCAR die cast. Of course, it still works to house my O collection but, I liked the way the NASCAR case fit the glasses better. Unfortunately for me, I didn't realize there was a size difference in the compartments between the two cases before I ordered the larger case (I assumed that they were all the same and you know what they say about assumptions :headbang:).

P1090838C.jpg

P1090840C.jpg

Last edited:
It was just over a c note with the shipping. Made in America. The smaller case wasn't as expensive, but it wasn't inexpensive either. lol.

I found out that the 8 slot case and the 24 slot case have the same dimensions for the compartments. If I ever order another case, I'll get the one designed to hold 1:24 NASCAR because those fit the Oakleys perfectly.

Update on the case:

I'm not using the smaller case in conjunction with the larger case anymore.

After doing a little downsizing all of my pairs now fit into the larger case (except for one which is getting new lenses at the moment). When the one that isn't present gets back, I will simply carry my daily pair wrapped up in its O bag in a soft vault.

I included photos of the case at current capacity and the pair that is receiving custom cut lenses (only one of the colored lenses is done at the moment, another will be arriving shortly).

P1110215 copy.jpg

Oakley X-Metal XX Ruby 1.jpg

Back