1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. STi

STi Oakley Beginner

I bought new jade lens for my flak jackets and one is loose...I can wiggle it around alittle...the tabs have more meat then the black iridium i replaced them with...What should I do? Is there a fix for this or should I try and return them?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

try to return them. bring the frame to show them its loose. there is an inherent problem with Flak Jacket lenses and looseness.. yours is the 3rd case i have heard of directly. First was a friend of mine, second was mine.

i got mine cheap though and ill probably cut them for my juliets.

3. STi

STi Oakley Beginner

Well I got them off eBay for $39 ...Didn't really want to return them...Is there not a simple fix?...I know I could put a dap of superglue but don't really want to do that...I figured others had this prob and should be a fix lurking around here?

4. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

not that i know of. i know the tolerances for the flak jacket lenses arent great, and unfortunately the lens has always had this issue. you could always cut them for another frame.. they have the 8.75 base curve which is ideal for many frames.

5. STi

STi Oakley Beginner

Would they fit in Whiskers? And how would I cut them?

6. STi

STi Oakley Beginner

7. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yup. just chech that the cyrvature matches