• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Member Needs Your Expertise

Lonerider

Oakley Beginner
I have two Oakley sunglasses. An old SI Half Jacket XLJ which I didn't realise has been discontinued and a recently purchase Half Jacket 2.0. The XLJ is fitted with bigger nose piece to fit my asian face better. However the lens has started peeling and a replacement is impossible to get so I bought a set of Fuse replacement lenses which didn't fit (not even close). Now even my original Oakley lenses fits loosely. I guess I may have been overzealous in getting the Fuse lens in.

My newer pair is an Asian fit Half Jacket 2.0 (non-XL). The larger nose piece (narrower bridge) really improved the fit on my smaller nose. It's okay, but I don't really dig the polished frame and the Oakley logo on the bridge. That and I miss the larger coverage of my XLJ lenses.

A few questions...
  1. Is the Half Jacket 2.0 a direct replacement for the older XLJ? I'm guessing the parts aren't interchangeable (lens, rubbers parts) but is it comparable in terms of fit and coverage?
  2. Does Oakley make a matte Half Jacket 2.0 frame other than SI models?
  3. Are Half Jacket Asian Fit lenses the same size as a standard fit? Are they interchangeable?
  4. How long have the 2.0 been out? Any chance it'll be discontinue in the near future?
I know I've ruined my XLJ and I'm unlikely to be able to get new Oakley lenses for it anyway. My plan is to get an SI 2.0 with grey lenses and swap my BIP lenses from my Asian Fit 2.0 into them. That will solve the polished look/ logo problem. Maybe swap out to larger nose piece too.

I guess the XLJ is a lost cause, I'll probably get an SI 2.0 XL at a later date. Oh yeah, don't ask me to try on a pair at a brick and mortar shop. The only time I enter one of those is for groceries. I have an unusual hatred for shopping unless it's online.

Back