• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

screwed up my chainlink with fire iridium

mrputtputt

Oakley Beginner
I only use these for tennis because after so many Oakleys, I found ones that work with me tracking the tennis ball especially if it's coming from a shaded area. I tried polarized and that's too dark. Probably why I have an oakley collection now though it'd probably pale with what some of you have. I was putting the spray type suncreen it oversprayed to my lenses. given it's a 4pm match there's some shadows but it was till bright to not wear shades. water wasn't cutting it to remove the overspray and every so lightly i used some wipes. i knew i shouldn't have done that though winning was more important.

Oakley doesn't have fire iridium replacements. i see some 3rd party ones from amazon and the like. Any luck on those? i'm avoiding polarized. Esle i see some ruby iridium non-polarized and new chainlinks in ebay. i don't recall how ruby iridium is but they're not the same as the gold like fire iridium. the chainlink (and i bought extra asian fit or aka narrow fit nosepads back in the day) since it sits up higher and doesn't tough the eyebrows that much to get sweat beading in. that happens on my flak xl and and old half jacket xlj (again the search for just the right fit to not have sweat in lenses). other oakleys i have like the sliver and mainlink / holbrook don't work much on sports activity (well maybe the mainlink but i can't find fire iridium lenses for it).

anyone else tried 3rd party lenses that work as well? having used oakleys since the 90s, i did notice from the half jacket xlj black iridium the lenses did improve on sharpness.

If you are using these for sporting events Fire Iridium is a horrible choice anyway so consider it a blessing you get to find the right lenses for your sport. Stay away from polarized... if you notice none of the field sport edition Oakleys come polarized. Prizm field was made for sports so maybe start there... good luck with your search. There is a good chance you will have to go with a custom cut with these but there are some great cutters here like @Chris A Hardaway

i have some golf prizms (two of them). i bought some golf prizm for my flak 2.0 and flak 2.0xl. i'll try those. maybe it's just my eyesight. the fire iridium non-polarized worked the best (for tennis). maybe i'll just go that way if the flak prizm lenses work from golf. just feels a little bright.

thanks for all responses.

Back