1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. eldiablojoe

eldiablojoe Oakley Beginner

I just picked up a pair of Fives Squared yesterday. Glossy black with accessory polarized lenses. They are one of the few Oakley frames that will look decent on my small face. They do, however, fit pretty loosely. They can slide on and off straight out without barely touching my temples. They sit on top of my head loosely too.

Does anyone know if an optometrist can dip the ear pieces in hot sand and bend them inward a little bit? I don't think they can do that with Flaks and other sport frames because they don't have a malleable wire inside them - at least that's what someone on the forum mentioned in an earlier post about Fast Jackets.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

You can take it to a Lens Crafter where they have hot sand machines and they can bend the stems in a little bit if you want them to grab a bit better.

3. Mizztyler91

Mizztyler91 Oakley Beginner

I have the same problem bro....the curse of small faces.

4. eldiablojoe

eldiablojoe Oakley Beginner

Thanks I'll try that. Mizztyler, I thought you were a female until I saw the Mizzou pennant in the background. Lol, you must get that a lot. Batwolf, I couldn't PM you via your profile (I should probably check my settings), but my supplier did NOT have the USA Flag bags you wanted. I'll check again next week- his supply rotates a lot.

I'll let you guys know how it goes at the optometrist once I get to one.

5. KingJupiter

KingJupiter Oakley Enthusiast

The only Oakley frame material meant to be heat adjusted is acetate, used in a lot of women's and Rx, some men's frames.. O-Matter has a lot of nylon in it to give it flexibility. It really shouldn't be heated like this. It may tighten the nylon causing the frame to lose flexibility and therefore be more likely to snap. I also believe that it will void your Oakley warranty..

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

6. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

This is true but if the frame doesn't fit...

7. Eckstream1

Eckstream1 Addicted to O

You might want to keep your eyes open for some Eye Jackets or XX Twenties... They are a great fit for a smaller face!

8. the piper

the piper Oakley Collector

I had same problem...are the new Twenties out of the question? They are perfect for me and snug The half jacket 2.0 is not a bad choice...I always hated Five 3/Squareds because some colorways felt really flimsy and too straight on stems XX old Twenties are excellent as stated and Minute 2.0. I have heard of O Matter snapping when heated/molded i do not recommend it...Five 4.0 is a bit snugger if u can get one on Vault or Ebay

9. Eckstream1

Eckstream1 Addicted to O

Gascan S is a good fit for a smaller face as well...
    Don't know about the new Twenties tho... Have yet to try them on.

10. the piper

the piper Oakley Collector

gascan s may be the best they are hard to find in black colorways now......agreed on the fit I have a few...Might find SI availablesomewhere..