1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. armcomdes

armcomdes Oakley Beginner

Anyone have a solution for creating reader lenses for the Radarlock Path? Before Oakley, I used industrial safety glasses that could be purchased with a +2.5 diopter on the bottom half of the lens so I can read my Garmin.

I know there are stick-on diopters, but the blogs are giving mixed reviews. Anyone here have luck with the stick-ons? i can go the Rx route, but it's unclear if they can make bifocals.

Thanks in advance.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Welcome to the forum!

Is it possible you can hit your local lenscrafters and ask them if it's possible to make bifocals in that specific Radar lens? I think I've seen it before but I'm not positive.

3. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Welcome to the forum! New Radarlock Path. Need Readers. - bigok.gif

Personally I wouldn't go for any stick-on's or attachments because that affects the optical clarity of the lenses. I would ask an Oakley authorized optometrist if they could make something work for you, just make sure they are authorized so that you're getting the real deal. If they tell you they can have them in a few days then they aren't real Oakley lenses, average turn around time is 2-4 weeks because the order has to be made at HQ in California.

4. armcomdes

armcomdes Oakley Beginner

I called one of the Lens Crafters listed on the Oakley Rx site, and also found some online Oakley Rx sites; and they both indicate a no-go on Rx lenses for a one-piece lens.

5. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Yeah I know shield lenses are quite limited when it comes to prescription. Are there any other sports styles you like? Maybe Fast Jackets?

6. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Never use stick ons with Oakleys.

7. MrMoonlight

MrMoonlight Oakley Enthusiast

Unfortunately, like you discovered yourself, prescription one-piece lenses can't be done...so it's either the inserts for the Radarlock or you need to go to another frame style. If you're looking to stick with an Oakley sports frame, then I'd highly recommend the Flak Jacket XLJ lenses. I've had a couple teammates in the past (I play baseball) who were unable to wear contacts and they wore prescription Flak Jackets on the field. They loved them. So it may be something to consider for you as well. Just a thought.