1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Moto

Moto Oakley Beginner

Hi All. I've owned my X Metal XX TiO2 from new. Sent them to Oakley to fit brand new BI lens which I included (they needed some grinding to fit) and they've lost them. Now looking to find a replacement pair preferably new or as close as possible. I've been on the X metal exchange forum but I can't post or reply as I have insufficient privilages? I can't find anything on the site to explain - can anyone help.
    Thx Moto

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. NoFair

NoFair Oakley Collector

Welcome. The rules for the exchange are posted above all the sale threads.. You need to be a paying member or have some useful posts and been registered here for a couple of weeks to sell and buy.
    Oakley will probably offer you a coupon for a few hundred dollars/pounds to use on their site as a way to compensate you.. Sadly your frames are probably lost... :(

3. Funky-Trixtar

Funky-Trixtar Me ,some time ago............. Premium Member

not the first of recent times either. By THE company formerly known as Oakley........now, just a cog in a conglomerates portfolio............
    Greetings.

Wavecloud and cyclerdoug like this.
  4. cyclerdoug

cyclerdoug Oakley Expert Premium Member

Welcome Moto.
    Unfortunately I am afraid you'll probably not see your lenses again, although there is a small chance.

You'll have exchange access pretty soon, and then you'll be able to easily replace them!

;)

5. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

6. Moto

Moto Oakley Beginner

Thx for the feedback. Obviously didn't see what was right in front of me.

15 x useful posts - that might be a challenge anytime soon. Or £35 to be able to buy something - OK not sure about that either. Looks like ebay is best option for me then.

Re Oakley, yes very disappointed and even more so to hear that this seems to be a common problem.

Thx Moto

7. Funky-Trixtar

Funky-Trixtar Me ,some time ago............. Premium Member

Not 35 quid, ...bucks..

8. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Welcome, sorry Oakley missed place them

9. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

Welcome

10. Moto

Moto Oakley Beginner

Good news! Oakley found and returned my X-metals fitted with my new lenses. I took a formal (in writing) approach and documented everything which I think pressured them (reluctantly) into making an effort to look for them. And it worked because they then found them. I'm well relieved as when I looked at their current range I suddenly realised how their products have changed - and not for the better!

Moto