• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Nike Wing: Zeiss shield

What I find is crap is same frame and lenses if one piece cost 100 more As a 2 piece lenses cut from same shield/?
I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but if you are referring to the roughly $1000 price difference between the one-piece Wing and the more conventional multi-piece Vapor Wing, I think that price difference is primarily because the Wing is essentially a prototype, whereas the Vapor Wing is mass-produced. If Nike were to take the Wing's one-piece "flens" technology into production, presumably the cost would be lower.
One drawback of the "flens" design is that a scratched lens requires replacing the whole flens. I suppose Nike could turn that to their advantage by offering a flens-recycling program!

Like I said earlier in this thread, really got to hand it to Nike for being innovatively artful. Kinda remind me of how Oakley do things before. It's really have some issues aside from price though, it is not hard to realize that the rubber in the back will break/ deteriorate at some point, and the overall "flens" construction kinda made it seem a disposable pair.

For those who can afford such an item, it is collector piece surely. The case and box is already a nice display item.

Personally, it made me look, but I am not divorcing my Oakley, still not X-Metal sexy, and definitely not CF C Six exquisite.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

"Disruptive Design"

Did the dude who created that saying get fired from Oakley and head to Nike with that tag line and sweet ideas? Because that is an amazing piece of eye wear

Dude sounds like he can't put his words together. It really does look cool even just as a display piece. Really hope the aesthetic (cuts and slashes) trickles down.

I've thought about either the production Vapor Wing or Uvex's VarioTronic as my next eyewear piece, but between Oakley not putting out much and my priorities shifting as I have enough pairs on hand, it's a low priority.

Back