• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Nomenclature - Unicorn, Rare, Grail, 24K, Prototype, Sample etc.

What about NPI - New Product Introduction

I have NPI stamped on the inside of a few pairs.

Hi bro,
I’ve not seen or heard of that at all. Does that mean that it is exactly the same as the finished release but just with a different serial? Or is there something rlse different about them? I assume they aren’t prototypes.

Hi bro,
I’ve not seen or heard of that at all. Does that mean that it is exactly the same as the finished release but just with a different serial? Or is there something rlse different about them? I assume they aren’t prototypes.
I believe it's similar to a sample. It usually has the SKU but may not have some other released product refinements. I have a PB2 that has NPI on the inner arm and the inner plate is not stamped with Pit Boss II.

One brief discussion about it.
Badman with NPI Sample serial

I have seen @BigRabbit and @GRFMotorsports mention it as well so maybe they can shed some light.

Wow. I did not know that. I thought it was the same!!!! Thanks! Edited and updated.
Here you go, mate. Picture of my X Squared 24k and XX 24k side by side. You can see the X Squared has much more of a bling look about it....
60b8f4e93e03ad2bc160fed045182d90.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back