• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Classic Craftsman Collection – Frogskins & More

When did you place your order dude i ordered mine late sunday evening

Mid-day past Monday, Central Time, USA. You'd have to compute our time zone difference. I did receive a confirmation phone call that Monday evening, though. Find some VOIP way to call their 800 number for free and check if they've shipped yours. People there seem very friendly the 2 times I spoke with someone.

Extreme Supply and Kick Sole both selling at retail. $149.99-150.00. It was the earlier eBay listings and a few here on the xchange that were markedly higher. Now if people wann bet on these going below retail, or way below, now that's a different proposition, I think. Right now, these can be had for retail, including the black Holbrook Skate Deck.

I don't mean to imply they are going to be on fire sale like the derivative releases of the past 12-16 months. I liken this release to the fades, or the neon yellow re-release. Regular production numbers, but valuable years later due to its quality. I think as Oakley collectors we're all a bit like the dehydrated survivor wandering the Sahara desert, and finally seeing the oasis that is the Skate Deck release after nothing but desert. Just a bit of an impulse reaction.

Oh ok cool i got a email the other day saying they have been shipped i was just trying to see how much shock they had in over all

I don't mean to imply they are going to be on fire sale like the derivative releases of the past 12-16 months. I liken this release to the fades, or the neon yellow re-release. Regular production numbers, but valuable years later due to its quality. I think as Oakley collectors we're all a bit like the dehydrated survivor wandering the Sahara desert, and finally seeing the oasis that is the Skate Deck release after nothing but desert. Just a bit of an impulse reaction.

Love your analogy, Turb. To me, this is the best since the Shaun White blue chromes. Were the neon yellows ever re-released? The Summit ones are a different yellow even from the School Bus yellow.

Love your analogy, Turb. To me, this is the best since the Shaun White blue chromes. Were the neon yellows ever re-released? The Summit ones are a different yellow even from the School Bus yellow.

I am referring to the neon yellow/fire re-released a handful of years ago, which were based on the 1st gen neon yellow/purple and neon yellow/orange releases. I only have a bnib neon yellow/purple pair, not an orange lensed pair. I don't even have the recent re-release neon yellow/fire, but some day hopefully I'll snag a bnib example of it. The school bus yellow were a mfg error when Oakley was attempting to recreate the neon yellow frame from the 80's, and there aren't a ton of them out there, I believe.

I am referring to the neon yellow/fire re-released a handful of years ago, which were based on the 1st gen neon yellow/purple and neon yellow/orange releases. I only have a bnib neon yellow/purple pair, not an orange lensed pair. I don't even have the recent re-release neon yellow/fire, but some day hopefully I'll snag a bnib example of it. The school bus yellow were a mfg error when Oakley was attempting to recreate the neon yellow frame from the 80's, and there aren't a ton of them out there, I believe.

Ok ok. We usually call the recent rerelease the 3rd gen Frogskins. I thought you meant a rerelease of the rerelease. I don't remember the yellow frame violet lens combo being rereleased in the 3rd gen. Only the yellow fire, with neon and school bus yellow versions, same SKU.

What ya said dude, best release in a long while.

What ya said dude, best release in a long while.

I think in a few weeks these will be widely available but some people are still probably gonna sleep on em. A quality piece to add to the collection though and good2mod is hooking me up with a pair.

I think in a few weeks these will be widely available but some people are still probably gonna sleep on em. A quality piece to add to the collection though and good2mod is hooking me up with a pair.
If you can get below retail, then more power to you, Jive.

Back