• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley (FMJ) full metal jackets = new lenses?

Blunt

Oakley Beginner
My son dropped my FMJ's whislt on holiday and its taken a nick out of one of my lenses, its not really notacble but i know about it, can you order new lenses for these, i understand there very old. thans in advance for replies :)

My son dropped my FMJ's whislt on holiday and its taken a nick out of one of my lenses, its not really notacble but i know about it, can you order new lenses for these, i understand there very old. thans in advance for replies :)

You'll need to post some pictures. FMJ is not a model name for Oakley sunglasses, its a frame color.

oaley.jpg

could have sworn these were called full metal jackets when i bought them years ago

Pretty sure they’re eye jackets, in the FMJ colorway. I can see the confusion. Got a pic from the sides of the stems?

its been that long ago since i bought them, but were they not slightly larger lenses in the FMJ version, but hey its been a while

Yep. Luckily for you they’re the newer model, so not as brittle as the originals. Changing lenses will be easy, finding some will be the harder part. @ZCForge has some gold ones, which I highly recommend.

Back