• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Hawaii

If it’s more profitable in doing so, then yes. Customer satisfaction was JJ’s thing.
I mentioned this in another thread. This may work for them in the short term and look good on paper, but if they keep making stuff that looks exactly like apparel you can get at Walmart for 1/3 of the price, this isnt going to last long. People buy Oakley for a certain look. If Ferrari started making cars that looked and drove just like Hondas and Toyotas but still demanded the high price, no one would buy Ferrari anymore. Sure Honda and Toyota have a wider appeal, but they are also a lot cheaper and a completely different market. The Walmart crowd isnt paying $259 to $500 for sunglasses. They like their $20 gas station glasses.

Last edited:
I mentioned this in another thread. This may work for them in the short term and look good on paper, but if they keep making stuff that looks exactly like apparel you can get at Walmart for 1/3 of the price, this isnt going to last long. People buy Oakley for a certain look. If Ferrari started making cars that looked and drove just like Hondas and Toyotas but still demanded the high price, no one would buy Ferrari anymore. Sure Honda and Toyota have a wider appeal, but they are also a lot cheaper and a completely different market. The Walmart crowd isnt paying $259 to $500 for sunglasses. They like their $20 gas station glasses.
I think I remember that thread. I think I piggybacked that idea with the new electric Mustangs that look like Japanese SUVs. Right off the bat, a brand will lose it's core audience if a company does a 180 on a product their consumers are familiar with. It's quite a gamble accepting that loss with the hopes of new consumers filling that void long-term. Especially if the new products aren't nearly as interesting as what they're replacing.

70144D53-B145-4DE8-840A-1A357FC814E5.jpeg

Why does Oakley only model these cool new shirts and why not actually sell these shirts? The second picture was on the Valentines Day email Oakley sent today:

D35477D0-7B0E-45A5-831F-B5703BB019C7.jpeg
B0583037-2C15-403E-AE1F-822AC03AA3F4.jpeg

Back