• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley History

Blockster

I am Jim Jannard...
Northern California
As I continue to slowly exit the Oakley game...Here are some tidbits I picked up about some cool stuff I'd seen here

Moonshot Tshirt

-Oakley was working on a new website systems for inventory, dealer support, E Commerce, etc called Project MOONSHOT. Ultimately after a lot of time and money (LOTS of money) Lux decided to scratch the entire system in favor of the system that LUX already had in place for its other house brands. The team was obviously disappointed and had these shirts made up for employees to wear around the bunker (Oakley HQ) as a sort of middle finger to Lux)
Most were destroyed and very few made it outside of HQ

GURU Bunker Pin

- There was a contest amongst certain O dealers and when they gathered enough points, they were given a GURU Bunker pin as sort of a small token that they knew their Oakley product well. Being that you couldn't buy the pins, it was a cool little item to have and amongst collectors it's just that much more special.

Five Book

- The Oakley 5 book is internal bunker employee only literature. A few years back, Oakley wanted to provide its employees (only select teams at 1 icon) a sort of meaning as to what the brand of Oakley was. The book described the 5 values that each oakley member should strive to achieve as not only representing the brand but also to each other.
The 5 values are:

H- humble
I- innovative
P-passionate
P-performance obsessed
A-authentic

These books are --extremely -- rare as the program lasted less than a year. The people that set forth this ideology are no longer at Oakley

Latest Posts

Back