• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Instagram Contest

Oakleygarth

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Oakley Heritage 39 Photo Contest

In honor of the 39th year OAKLEYGARTH is proud to announce the first ever Oakley heritage/vintage photo contest. I contacted Tater and commissioned him to make a one of a kind Oakley themed piece of pinstriped artwork, and the winner of the contest will receive it. All Photos must be submitted thru Instagram with the appropriate tags to be entered. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. The prize will make a great display item for any oakley fan

Photo must be your own photo, no stealing photo

Photo must include at least one pair of oakleys, but no limit to max number of glasses per pic.

The only glasses that to be allowed in the pictures are:

1. Any of the new heritage collection releases

2. Vintage eyeshades, blades/razorblades , gen 1 frogskins, gen 1 m frames, mumbos, zeros and subzeros only please don't submit any other frames.

Oakley is in no way affiliated with this contest this is something one fan did for the members, fans, collectors, and enthusiast of Oakley

This is purely for my pleasure and to promote this awesome company we all love. Please get creative on your photos everyone.

Limit of 6 photos per person

All entries must be submitted thru Instagram with the following tags

#Oakley, #Oakleyvintage39, #taterthanks #oakleygarth

You must tag all four to be considered

If you enter more than 6 photos all your photos will be disqualified

The winner will be selected from all entries, that have followed the rules entirely

Contest runs from now right now, thru march 31st all entries must be entered by 11:59 pm PST to be considered

I will announce winner and notify them within a day of judge or judges selection.

I still working on securing a judge but will have one finalized and announced at least 2 weeks before contest ends.

If you don’t like any of the rules to bad, I am hosting and sponsoring the contest so don’t complain to me. Hahahaha I hope everyone has a lot of fun with the contest, and as soon as the trophy is done I wll post pics on the frogskins facebook page and post on my Instagram @Oakleygarth, as well as photos on Andrews intagram @taterman

Guys tater is doing us a huge favor so please make sure you go to his Instagram and show him some love.

For those that don't know Andrew "tater" Petterson is the artist that mad the 50 hand painted frogskins back on 2008. each one was one of a kind and a surprise to the buyer. They were sold in black bags so the buyer didn't know what they got till after purchase. Still to the day one of the best ideas oakley has ever had.

If anyone would like to contact Andrew about doing a pair please email me first I have the basic details so he does not have to answer 100 emails about how much his paint jobs are

My email: OakleyGarth@yahoo.com

Finally guys you can enter 6 entries and have about 6 weeks to enter. I'm asking for your help if at least some of you can try to submit a pic a week then it will help me get a better judge or judges.

Best of luck to all, and I hope everyone enjoys what I'm trying to do. Since there will be judges feel free to like your competitors photos build some unity. We all collect and love the same thing OAKLEY, so please no negativity to other photos and other contestants. It's all about OAKLEY LOVE.

OakleyGarth

The photos included are of previous items he's worked on and his latest frog creation

ImageShack - image.jpg

ImageShack - image.jpg

ImageShack - image.jpg

This is real and is not a joke I promise you, just a gift back to the community

He's gonna try and create a one of a kind pinstripped display stand from scratch. I can't say for possitive yet, but will make amazing display item

This opportunity to own a Tatermade one of a kind display is the push factor for me to get my first vintage pair for sure.

Everyone has seen the work he did for me on my Holbrooks. You know whatever he comes up with, it's gonna be killer. Think size of artwork won't matter that's for sure. =)

Latest Posts

Back