• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Oakley Juliet

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

I tried for the first time in my life to service the nose bridge myself. Google says you have to unscrew all the parts, which I tried, but there is a screw left under one of the lenses that I tried to unscrew but I can't. I'm sure someone who has experience with the servicing could do it. I think a reasonable price would be $260 USD (+ buyer pays cost of shipping from Ottawa, Canada). I would prefer to ship in Canada, but if not I could make shipping to the U.S. work. If I can't find a buyer at this price I'll keep them for myself.

Frame is in very good condition, to be safe I would say 9/10. I think these are the original lenses, but they are brown. 8/10 condition.

20230217_160438.jpg

20230217_160505.jpg

20230217_160523.jpg

20230217_160622.jpg

Some people reacted to this post.
Can you post a photo of the stripped orbital screw?

You may have a stripped head on the orbital screw. Wouldn’t try to tune up the nose bridge unless you have a pin pusher and new pins/flex couplers.

If you like them, just send them to @zwc0442 or @Soulfulfrog (he’s in Canada) for a tune and screw replacement.

received_708866170784422.jpeg

I bought the pin pusher a long time ago and finally decided to give it a go. Now I'm worried about being too rough with the screw because I don't want to scratch anything.
Username Hidden said:
You may have a stripped head on the orbital screw. Wouldn’t try to tune up the nose bridge unless you have a pin pusher and new pins/flex couplers.

If you like them, just send them to @zwc0442 or @Soulfulfrog (he’s in Canada) for a tune and screw replacement.
I bought the pin pusher a long time ago and finally decided to give it a go. Now I'm worried about being too rough with the screw because I don't want to scratch anything.
Username Hidden said:
Doesn't look bad. Try placing a rubber band between the screw and the screwdriver. It should be able to give you grip to
Username Hidden said:
Doesn't look bad. Try placing a rubber band between the screw and the screwdriver. It should be able to give you grip to unscrew it
Thanks for the advice. I'll try that. I just have to chill out a bit before I try again.

Username Hidden said:

I've unscrewed slightly stripped screws this way. If it's totally stripped good luck 😂

Username Hidden said:

Username Hidden said:
Doesn't look bad. Try placing a rubber band between the screw and the screwdriver. It should be able to give you grip to
Username Hidden said:
Doesn't look bad. Try placing a rubber band between the screw and the screwdriver. It should be able to give you grip to unscrew it

Username Hidden said:
I've unscrewed slightly stripped screws this way. If it's totally stripped good luck 😂
I have friend who knows everything about everything. Maybe I ask him for help for now I gave up

Sometimes it’s best to know your limitations and get an expert.

I generally agree with you, but if you don't try you can never know the outcome.