• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Latch (Square) Arm Removal?

imkevinlol

Oakley Beginner
Hello! I recently purchased these glasses (Oakley Latch Square) and I feel like somethings stuck in the hinge and is making it difficult to collapse/fold. I contacted support and they gave me the generic "glasses are broken send to our repair shop"... anyone have these and have removed the arms?

Edit: Just recorded a quick youtube video to show the problem I'm having! Probably better than what pictures can do.

Thanks!
- Kevin

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, if you have any pics, that would make it easier for us to give some advice about your shades

Welcome to the forum, if you have any pics, that would make it easier for us to give some advice about your shades
Thank you! Just updated the post to include a video I just recorded. I think it may be more helpful than the pictures

I can't be entirely sure, but that looks like the stem is rubbing too hard with the hinge. I had a similar issue but the other way around, my stem was waaay too loose, it moved with very little effort (like it had been used many years), I ended going to a store and they changed them for me without issue. Maybe someone here can develop a bit further

Latest Posts

Back