1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. B6S4

B6S4 Oakley Beginner

Hey guys,

New to the forum but not to Oakleys, discovered the forum a couple days ago and have a lot of catching up to do. After going through a couple threads, I came across this one: http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-s...3-how-properly-clean-your-oakley-glasses.html and decided to go pickup an oakley lens cleaning kit. I went down to my local sunglass hut to grab the kit. While I was there, I asked the salesperson if they offer the refills at the store. The salesperson stated they provide refills however, they refill the oakley container with the sunglass hut solution. Based on the thread posted above it seems the Oakley solution is different than the sunglass hut solution. My question is, is this normal practice at sunglass hut? Would it be worth while to make the trip to an Oakley store to get a refill?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyJared

OakleyJared Oakley Enthusiast

Its the same stuff. I worked 10 years at SGH and now 4 with Oakley and the liquid is the same stuff either way. I refill my cleaning solution at Hut all the time.

3. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

What is the "Refill" exactly? I have yet to walk into a store to do it, but getting close to empty. Do they actually take your spray can and fill it or do they just hand you a new bottle?

4. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

I just had mine refilled for the first time last weekend. The employee had a large bottle of the solution and just poured it in my spray bottle. The bottle he used just looked like an old wonder bottle. I'm sure it's not, but it was funny!

5. B6S4

B6S4 Oakley Beginner

I've heard the SGH solution has more alcohol than the Oakley solution. Guess I'll just have to make the trip to the O store when the time comes for a refill.

6. classicURGE

classicURGE Oakley Beginner

Hardest thing is going into an Oakley store to get a refill and not buy anything.

7. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

Sounds like a great excuse to me to visit the store.

8. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Only once have I dumped the last little bit to make an excuse to go check out the newest releases at the local Vault. The other two times I legitimately ran out.

9. B6S4

B6S4 Oakley Beginner

This is what I'm afraid of :cool:

10. blue_rebel

blue_rebel Oakley Beginner

Hi! I'm from Zambia and we don't have Oakley stores here. I'm running out of the Oakley cleaning solution I bought from Amazon (as a kit with the cloth and screw driver) and I don't want to order a new cleaning kit as i just need the solution . So, I'd like to find out what to do. It seems like the most important issue is alcohol content. What alcohol content should a solution have to be safe to use on my sweet Oakleys? :cool: