• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley -lux

Jimbabwe

I’m on a boat
Premium Member
Andros island Bahamas
So a good friend of mine who knows my love for old Oakley and why I don't like the new ones, showed me the Adam ruins everything on lux monopolizing most sunglass brands and lenses. He also says that Oakley didn't sell lux the company and that in fact they bullied there stock price down and bought up all the vendors that sold Oakley along with venues and then bought them up? Does anyone know if this is true. I'm sure it's been discussed but I honestly didn't care enough to know until now.

Last edited:
Yeah there was a 60 minute episode about Lux the monopoly, and part of that was the takeover of Oakley. Let's just say the scumbag CEO dodged, weaved, and spun the questions asked. How in this day and age, lux was allowed to do what they are doing is beyond me. They need to have an axe taken to that company, just like standard oil, and ma bell.

Yeah there was a 60 minute episode about Lux the monopoly, and part of that was the takeover of Oakley. Let's just say the scumbag CEO dodged, weaved, and spun the questions asked. How in this day and age, lux was allowed to do what they are doing is beyond me. They need to have an axe taken to that company, just like standard oil, and ma bell.
Okay yeah, I was kind of In the dark about it and never checked into it. Didn't think that was even possible anymore like you are saying. This is why I don't buy from lux. And refuse to buy anything more made by them.

Okay yeah, I was kind of In the dark about it and never checked into it. Didn't think that was even possible anymore like you are saying. This is why I don't buy from lux. And refuse to buy anything more made by them.

They really are massive Bellends.

The 60 Minutes segment....a perfect example of 'don't believe everything you see on TV'. The show made deal more scandalous than what it actually is. Lux did have the distribution superiority but at the time of the buyout the Oakley stock was on the upswing and Lux paid a premium on top of that for the shares. Everyone got paid relatively well in the deal and JJ remained a Lux shareholder after the dust cleared. Don't know if he is still a shareholder though with all the moves Red Digital is making.

This being said Lux does use strong arm tactics like many businesses with that type of leverage. Survival of the fittest.

Back