• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Here you go fellas.

Pic 1 L-R: Gold IP, Prizm Tungsten polar, Prizm Rose Gold polar
View attachment 779034

Pic 2 L-R: Prizm 24k polar, Gold IP, Prizm Rose Gold polar
View attachment 779035

Pic 3: Prizm Rose Gold polar vs Gold IP
View attachment 779039

Pic 4: Prizm Tungsten polar vs Gold IP. Note that the Iridium coating is not as heavy on the Prizm Tungstens.
View attachment 779040

Pic 5 L-R: Prizm Rose Gold polar, Gold IP, Prizm 24k polar
View attachment 779036

Pic 6 L-R: Prizm Rose Gold polar, Gold IP, Prizm Tungsten polar
View attachment 779037

Pic 7 L-R: Prizm Rose Gold polar, Gold IP, Prizm Shallow
View attachment 779038
Is it just me or do they look like Prizm Tungsten and Prizm Shallow?

Is it just me or do they look like Prizm Tungsten and Prizm Shallow?

Are you referring to the view looking through the Prizm rose gold looking like the Tungsten and Prizm Shallow? If so, then yes I see the similarities. In fact, the SWP base tint comparison pic was a last minute add because I realized how similar it was to the rose gold.

I will tell you that the contrast with Prizm Tungsten is on a whole ‘nother level compared to old school Gold and even the Prizm rose gold. Certain colors just really pop. It’s quite awesome if you’re into contrast lenses.

Last edited:
Here you go fellas.

View attachment 779034

View attachment 779035

View attachment 779039

Pic 4: Prizm Tungsten polar vs Gold IP. Note that the Iridium coating is not as heavy on the Prizm Tungstens.
View attachment 779040

View attachment 779036

View attachment 779037

View attachment 779038
Very thorough comparison.

Here you go fellas.

View attachment 779034

View attachment 779035

View attachment 779039

View attachment 779040

View attachment 779036

View attachment 779037

View attachment 779038
Excellent work! Thanks for sharing.

Are you referring to the view looking through the Prizm rose gold looking like the Tungsten and Prizm Shallow? If so, then yes I see the similarities. In fact, the SWP base tint comparison pic was a last minute add because I realized how similar it was to the rose gold.

I will tell you that the contrast with Prizm Tungsten is on a whole ‘nother level compared to old school Gold and even the Prizm rose gold. Certain colors just really pop. It’s quite awesome if you’re into contrast lenses.
Yes, that picture. I have a pair of Holbrooks with the Prizm Tungsten a d you're right, certain colors pop. It's better than the Tungsten Iridium in my opinion. Between the prizm rose gold, prizm Tungsten and swp which do you prefer?

Here you go fellas.

View attachment 779034

View attachment 779035

View attachment 779039

View attachment 779040

View attachment 779036

View attachment 779037

View attachment 779038

well done. Couldn’t have said it better myself!!!

Yes, that picture. I have a pair of Holbrooks with the Prizm Tungsten a d you're right, certain colors pop. It's better than the Tungsten Iridium in my opinion. Between the prizm rose gold, prizm Tungsten and swp which do you prefer?

Oh man, that’s a tough decision! I use each for different conditions.

SWP is my absolute favorite go-to for rainy/overcast days and even partly sunny. I find that it just doesn’t quite hold up in bright sun. Almost, but not quite.

The Prizm Tungsten I use in similar conditions as the SWP. Again, I find it a bit lacking in bright sun. That’s probably due to the lighter coating of Iridium. It is amazing to use in whiteout conditions though. Overall, I’d probably pick SWP over Prizm Tungsten.

Among the choices you mentioned, I guess I’d pick the Prizm rose gold for an everyday lens only because it does better for me in bright sun. I don’t know the stats, but it seems to have a lower light transmission than the other two. It also seems like it would have enough contrast to perform decently well in lower light conditions.

All that said, I’m glad I don’t have to choose, because I couldn’t imagine life without SWP!

Latest Posts

Back