• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Standard Issue Site Updates

There's a new Prizm Maritime version of a few glasses on the SI site now, which appears to be different than the existing Prizm Shallow and Deep Water lenses. Wonder if it's just a less reflective coating? Doesn't really say anything about what it means.

Oakley Military & Government Sales

Also, the balclava is now on the SI site. Thinking about picking it up.

This is the first I've heard about a Prizm Maritime. It looks almost like a Jade but there's really nothing out there on this exact lens (more specifics on them). It's kind of weird that new lenses just pop up somewhere without any advertising beforehand. I've always thought that OAKLEY sucks at that.

And I wouldn't think that this lens would be an OAKLEY SI ONLY thing, but these lenses aren't on the ever so crappy OAKLEY site. Makes me wonder if the OAKLEY site is just really sucking ass as usual or if it's on purpose.

To me, the Marine looks to have a base not dissimilar to H2O Shallow and iridium closer to H2O Deep. It being somewhat intermediate makes a bit of sense but a marine environment probably leans more towards the deep side. Will be interesting to see the official specs.

This could get expensive if they keep perming new Prizm applications!

To me, the Marine looks to have a base not dissimilar to H2O Shallow and iridium closer to H2O Deep. It being somewhat intermediate makes a bit of sense but a marine environment probably leans more towards the deep side. Will be interesting to see the official specs.

This could get expensive if they keep perming new Prizm applications!
Agreed! Any chance the "Maritime" is the same lens as the "Shallow"? The color looks very similar. Just odd that the only place that the the Maritime has shown up is on the SI site.

Agreed! Any chance the "Maritime" is the same lens as the "Shallow"? The color looks very similar. Just odd that the only place that the the Maritime has shown up is on the SI site.
Potentially, though I don't know why they'd go Shallow for Maritime rather than Deep, particularly as you found that showing as Salt Water on the main site.

Not that their logic on the websites is always immaculate anyway!

Back