• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Summit Frogskins

I noticed that these have a rubbery feel to them too which is really nice.

Are you referring to the Summit series Bat, because for the moment mine(along with 92% of my collection are up in the loft) are out of reach: was thinking maybe you're talking about the GP-75s or IHs because I don't recall any rubbery feel to them?

The only Frogskins that I would describe as having an unusual feel to the frame are the four Paul Smith pairs, which are absolutely amazing in texture, the look, the microbags, and that each of the four boxes is unique within the context of the same design.

I received my pair of Pike's Gold today and they are a real cool piece with the dark yellow frame and fire lens ensuring the wearer will stand out in the crowd. This completes the Summit set for me and the pair that stands out as the best is without doubt the Aspen Green - Emerald. I like the way this collection has really tight arms, they feel quite robust compared to some Frogskins. Is this among the last of the plastic boxes? I also got the GP-75 and Infinite Hero pairs but in the regular generic card boxes with signature barcode labels.

The Pike Gold is also on my list, but I'll wait a while in case the Kazu Kokubo becomes available in the next 3-4 weeks (hopefully). I definitely agree with you RVF, the tight hinges on the Summit series are fantastic. Reminds me of Gen 1 hinge feel.

I don't know if I would say rubbery but they do feel different than previous matte frames. They definitely have more "grip" to them.

The only Frogskins that I would describe as having an unusual feel to the frame are the four Paul Smith pairs, which are absolutely amazing in texture, the look, the microbags, and that each of the four boxes is unique within the context of the same design.

I'd say the woodgrain Eric Kostons have an unusual feel to them, a woodgrain feel to go with the print.

Bat, think you might have missed this too:
"I received my pair of Pike's Gold today and they are a real cool piece with the dark yellow frame and fire lens ensuring the wearer will stand out in the crowd. This completes the Summit set for me and the pair that stands out as the best is without doubt the Aspen Green - Emerald. I like the way this collection has really tight arms, they feel quite robust compared to some Frogskins. Is this among the last of the plastic boxes? I also got the GP-75 and Infinite Hero pairs but in the regular generic card boxes with signature barcode labels."

Latest Posts

Back