• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
My son has had a pair of SI Ballistic M3.0 Black Frame Gray Lens glasses for about 6 months. His glasses started peeling the same way about 3 months after purchase. He wears them very little. This past weekend the very tiny plastic pin that connects the earpiece to the frame broke when he removed the glasses from his head. This is the only Oakley product we own and I am totally unimpressed. How can this possibly be marketed to be durable enough to be worn by our military men and women??

Did you contact Oakley?

My son has had a pair of SI Ballistic M3.0 Black Frame Gray Lens glasses for about 6 months. His glasses started peeling the same way about 3 months after purchase. He wears them very little. This past weekend the very tiny plastic pin that connects the earpiece to the frame broke when he removed the glasses from his head. This is the only Oakley product we own and I am totally unimpressed. How can this possibly be marketed to be durable enough to be worn by our military men and women??

your glasses are bulletproof, but if you sweat or happen to be a oliy person then you are ****ed...................remember, Oakleys are only for show (offs) ..........:smoke:

Last edited:
I have a pair of C- Wires that had the same problem. Sweat and heat seems to have caused it. Since then I've learned about the proper care and feeding of Oakley glasses.

I find similar problem if the sunglassess are stored at high humidity area, like bathroom and/or they are cleaned with hot water. I use cold water to clean the lens.

The warranty covers this damage.

Both of my gray and clear M Frame 2.0s lenses have the same flaking. I primarily wear them for shooting and in the past I didn't clean them immediately after getting home. Im Asian so the lens also touch my cheeks and I wear sunscreen everyday.

Its interesting that my ESS Crossbows and old ICE did not flake like this at all, even with years of use and abuse stateside and overseas.

Not much you can do once it has started! Not entirely sure what causes it in the first place, I am sure some more knowledgeable 0-Bros will chip in and enlighten us.

From my experience, it hasn't happened to any of my lenses, I always clean the lenses using Oakley Cleaning Fluid and the appropriate cloths. Never leave them with oil/fingerprints on them.

Back