• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Travel Sunglasses?

SpecialAdvisor

The Warlord of Mars 👽🤙
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Smalltown, USA
I do a lot of traveling and as much as I love my X-Metals and wraparound Oakleys, they ain’t the most convenient for travel. Try sticking a pair of R1s in an inside vest or suit pocket…and good luck with that 😏

I currently have a pair of Contrails done in a superb Coyote finish @THE X-MAN did for me and they are the best true travelers so far.

Oh…and I had to put on a monkey suit one night this trip and realized I needed something to fit in a black suit pocket…the Coyote Contrails did not really fit that uniform. Need a James Bond/Ethan Hunt matte black pair of whatever is best recommended.

I still drag a few outsized Oakleys with me on travels but in the end I need more low profile, lay flat in a vest or suit options.

Thoughts? Advice? Counsel?

IMG_0365.jpeg

Last edited:
I always go with the oakley penny for travel glasses, flex hinges, light weight, low profile, the half X works too if you need a little more coverage and they’re a little more light weight even. If you’re looking for something large the titanium frog skins would probably go really good with a black suit and they lay flat and weigh next to nothing.

E230C08A-6483-4D7E-A5A4-3673501A9111.jpeg

00D890D9-1FB2-41E2-8ECA-B80E0D785D7F.jpeg

1411BA85-FA01-4E16-BCED-37C7C1B1B6D9.jpeg

I always go with the oakley penny for travel glasses, flex hinges, light weight, low profile, the half X works too if you need a little more coverage and they’re a little more light weight even. If you’re looking for something large the titanium frog skins would probably go really good with a black suit and they lay flat and weigh next to nothing.

View attachment 1103710

View attachment 1103711

View attachment 1103712

Great suggestions!

No Pennys yet…just got a pair of Half-X. Will do a search and see what titanium frog skins look like.

Many thanks for the Intel! 🪖👍

Any experience with the Savitar anyone (has a good high tech spy vibe)? Does it fold up flat for instance?

How about the Wire series in general. I have a Half-Wire waiting at home for me…a good travel option?

Seems to me my fellow Lopaka @Lopaka KaMars is fond of Wires.

On my recent trip to Spain these were the Oakleys I took whit me:
Book of Eli Inmates to wear whit a Suit
Crystal Red Jupiter whit Ruby Iridium lenses for the Flashy tourist look
Custom Polished Black Jupiter Squared whit OO Black Iridium Polarized lenses for the All weather lenses
Woodgrain Garage Rock whit Grey lenses for the low Profile look
And a Acid Black Frogskins whit Grey lenses for the casual everyday look
It was a 7 days trip and they were enough

On my recent trip to Spain these were the Oakleys I took whit me:
Book of Eli Inmates to wear whit a Suit
Crystal Red Jupiter whit Ruby Iridium lenses for the Flashy tourist look
Custom Polished Black Jupiter Squared whit OO Black Iridium Polarized lenses for the All weather lenses
Woodgrain Garage Rock whit Grey lenses for the low Profile look
And a Acid Black Frogskins whit Grey lenses for the casual everyday look
It was a 7 days trip and they were enough

I had to look up every one except the Frogskins 😜.

All new to me. The Inmates look closest to what I’d be interested in. Fold up pretty flat I’d guess?

Great list. Introduced me to a few new frame models. Thanks! 🪖👍

When traveling by plane, my family goes by the old adage "only bring what you are willing to lose." For me, that's a pair of Fives Squared with Revant Flare Gold lenses. I can wear them all day, and if I lose them, it's not the end of the world. If I'm traveling by car, then I could get a little more risky, but I try to bring glasses in metal vaults.

When traveling by plane, my family goes by the old adage "only bring what you are willing to lose." For me, that's a pair of Fives Squared with Revant Flare Gold lenses. I can wear them all day, and if I lose them, it's not the end of the world. If I'm traveling by car, then I could get a little more risky, but I try to bring glasses in metal vaults.

Yup. Good call. I started that rule on flying after losing my tan HNBLs last Summer in Florida.

Since this is a road trip I’m currently on, I risked a little more but in vaults as you say.

I had to look up every one except the Frogskins 😜.

All new to me. The Inmates look closest to what I’d be interested in. Fold up pretty flat I’d guess?

Great list. Introduced me to a few new frame models. Thanks! 🪖👍
Yes the Inmates fold pretty flat
That is the only "Aviator" Wire frame that i intend to keep collecting
I have a New Crosshair that almost dont get any face time
I used to have some Plaintiffs and a Warden and i Trade them or sold them, to each his own, lets just say that i am not much into the Aviator looking frames

Back