• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Vehicle. Anyone Know The Story?

Its probably one of the drivers. The O Lab now has permanent drivers and then the Marketing guys set it up and run in when it gets to whatever location. I believe they are contracted to drive, so not technically Oakley employees. Although I know they still get hooked up.

Yeh, but I bet an email to Oakley could probably get you approval to put it on your car, especially when you are paying for it yourself. Tons of free publicity for them.
I'd bet the exact opposite.....Oakley has a very tight grip on their logo and marketing materials, as a huge corporate entity with a prestige brand / logo, i think they would not want an unknown quantity out representing their brand w/o reason. It would be one thing if you had a sponsorship deal and were actually representing them in some capacity. No doubt you could find someone to design and print a wrap or other digital graphics (thats what i do lol) on their own dime. I just don't think Oakley would give anyone permission.
Tim

Yeh you're probably right, because the minute you slap the O logo on your car, everything you do(i.e speeding, reckless driving, cut someone off etc.) people will blame on Oakley.

Now if anyone wants to get an OakleyForum.com car :) We'll support that!!!!

I think all of these are valid points. I will say as someone that used to drive one of the wrapped trucks there is another concern. When I changed departments I had to return the wrapped truck. I replaced it with the same truck and my new department said go ahead and get it wrapped, but since I now pay the insurance on the truck ( I didn't have to before) I am worried about people going..."huh I bet there is a ton of product in that truck." There usually is a ton of stuff in there so I try not to draw too much attention to my vehicle. I am working on trying to get a few metal icons to place on the truck to make it a bit more Oakley without drawing too much attention.

The Rolling O Lab is basically a mobile version of Oakley innovation and tech (impact protection, clarity, etc) that goes to NHRA events, surf contests, etc. They also sell some regular retail stuff.

Yeh you're probably right, because the minute you slap the O logo on your car, everything you do(i.e speeding, reckless driving, cut someone off etc.) people will blame on Oakley.

Now if anyone wants to get an OakleyForum.com car :) We'll support that!!!!
Imagine a 2005 Crown Vic with 28's, booming music with Oakley all over it. Know people will know that Oakley is not sponsoring them, but anytime that person sees an Oakely item, they will remember that. Also Oakley would not approve at all, period. If they did, their would be liability issues, if something happened, i.e......wreck. Don't think for a minute, a lawyer wouldn't try to prove that the vehicle was an Oakley vehicle. Who in their right mind would wrap their car with a sunglass manufacturer. Thats what a normal person would think. but not a O addict........:lolsign:

Latest Posts

Back