• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley X Sneaker Politics Frogskins

I don't think these are that bad, and are priced well. However, I think Oakley has made a faux pas in teaming up with these guys. The 'Double Cup' is a slang term referring to a drink designed to get you high and spaced out: Urban Dictionary: double cup

So is Oakley now endorsing and promoting drug use amongst kids?

I don't think these are that bad, and are priced well. However, I think Oakley has made a faux pas in teaming up with these guys. The 'Double Cup' is a slang term referring to a drink designed to get you high and spaced out: Urban Dictionary: double cup

I don't think Oakley has anything to do with this beyond giving a reseller wholesale pricing. These are OCP frames and lenses, with information on a limited run and no custom microbag as far as anybody can tell. Even the etching seems to be stock Stencil and Scriptana etchings.

It 'seems' the Sneaker Politics Frogskins are Polished white/Red Icon - Violet with etching, and Polished Rootbeer/White Icon - Jade with etching. If they can be obtained, exactly like that via Oakley on the OCP, then they are perhaps worth missing unless...the S/P pairs have a specific microbag, or some kind of insert, a label unique to their pairs especially if they have a part code, and if that is the case very likely 24-???, and if that same code is stamped on the frame. If you have a production issue then it will be cool, especially as it would be the first Jade official issue Frogskin (assuming it is Jade and not Emerald). Time will tell, they are too new to know all the necessary facts, unless you have them in your hands already. I have already messaged them for info, if they are production, I'm in.

and here I thought Double Cup was a reference to a bra ...

:blink:

There are an unlimited number of each colorway, since they're stock OCP combinations and the engraving is exactly the same as what you get if you order it from the OCP website.

Latest Posts

Back