• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakleys at 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
What Oakley Sunglasses / Goggles have you been seeing at the Winter Olympics so far? Know there was some discussion around whether they would release a 2018 Winter Olympic pair for Pyeongchang like they did for Brazil (2018 Winter Olympics special? ) - but didn't see anything come of it.

Haven't noticed any special editions - Spotted Gerard Red wearing these during the Slope Style qualifiers before:

Oakleys_2018_Winter_Olympics_Redmond_Gerard.png

Supposedly all Oakley athletes will wear something from the Harmony Fade Collection. (such as the one in the pic)

This morning I watched the highlights of the big air. Just wonderful to look at.:)

A lot of speed skaters with Harmony Fade. RadarEV, Evzero w/ Prizm Low Light. And... one of the ladies wearing a harmony fade Jawbreaker with clear lens over her aero suit cap. Too bad I couldn't find a picture, she looked like a scuba diver.:-D

A lot of the Dutch speed skaters still use M-frames w/ clear or yellow lenses though. They still look slick. Dutch hero Sven Kramer Just won his "103rd" gold sporting a murdered out Pro-M B-)
hi-res-6424808c99d98559d0ff75919dadb720_crop_north.jpg

Last edited:
What Oakley Sunglasses / Goggles have you been seeing at the Winter Olympics so far? Know there was some discussion around whether they would release a 2018 Winter Olympic pair for Pyeongchang like they did for Brazil (2018 Winter Olympics special? ) - but didn't see anything come of it.

Haven't noticed any special editions - Spotted Gerard Red wearing these during the Slope Style qualifiers before:

View attachment 432529

Just fades with goggles; Canopys, Liner miner etc.

Outside of the Harmony Fade collection of goggles, I haven't seen many other special editions.
Between speed skating and the XC skiing, seen lots of Radar EV, Jawbreaker (saw a pink one that looked neat on a skier), M-frame, etc. using what looks like Prizma low-light, Road, Trail, and some Prizm Ruby.

Back