• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Hello all,
I bought a pair of EV Zeros on eBay. I know the Zeros are supposed to be light but they just didn’t feel right as soon as they were in my hand. Lenses also don’t have that Oakley magic when I put them on. I put these worries aside and started wearing them. Within a week the lenses were showing a lot of scratches. After 2 weeks they look like hell. I do wear them at work in a farm, so they go trough a little more than they would from just casual wear, but I’ve owned Sutros that took a crazy beating here and looked great after a year and a pair of Katos that were holding up fine, till I misplaced them(I still inwardly weep). I’ve started a return process with eBay. The seller had a very high rating and claimed he had dealt with oakleys for 14 years when I told him I suspected they were fake. I can’t imagine a genuine pair would scuff so easily. Am I missing something? Appreciate any input.
JF

3168A787-5B97-41AE-89E6-3CE29B78A696.jpeg

E73270E1-4812-435C-AFE0-7228D0B34DDB.jpeg

DC425FE3-8860-44BC-AA3A-ED60DEDBB891.jpeg

9EAB348F-F59E-42E1-8E61-56D35C787888.jpeg

F18D0487-E4BB-425F-A736-C5023E1CF042.jpeg

3AFA22FC-4DB0-4305-9F0D-231DA8EED12E.jpeg

Hello all,
I bought a pair of EV Zeros on eBay. I know the Zeros are supposed to be light but they just didn’t feel right as soon as they were in my hand. Lenses also don’t have that Oakley magic when I put them on. I put these worries aside and started wearing them. Within a week the lenses were showing a lot of scratches. After 2 weeks they look like hell. I do wear them at work in a farm, so they go trough a little more than they would from just casual wear, but I’ve owned Sutros that took a crazy beating here and looked great after a year and a pair of Katos that were holding up fine, till I misplaced them(I still inwardly weep). I’ve started a return process with eBay. The seller had a very high rating and claimed he had dealt with oakleys for 14 years when I told him I suspected they were fake. I can’t imagine a genuine pair would scuff so easily. Am I missing something? Appreciate any input.
JF

View attachment 1079500

View attachment 1079501

View attachment 1079502

View attachment 1079503

View attachment 1079504

View attachment 1079505
You do realise the Iridium Coating isn't bullet proof, in fact, it's very delicate. It will stop UV, but not physical abuse. You have to treat them gently, or end up with buggered lenses.

I’m curious if these are an older model because I don’t find the serial starting with 00. But, when I put this number into Google it takes me straight to Oakley. Can anyone advise when they began making radar lock?

Thanks in advance!!

IMG_1958.jpeg

Buy a pair of genuine Oakleys from a reputable seller, wear it for a few weeks and completely trash it, then submit a return request citing authenticity concerns.. It’s sad how often sellers have to deal with this kind of crap these days.

These are crap copies of Pit Boss, with the obligatory(for fakes)lens 'etching' of the Oakley Icon script in the top left, left hand lens. Not to mention the lack of titanium side plates with a Pit Boss embossed on the inner left earstem, which is nothing like the Elite series and it's printed instead, on genuine ones.

Back