• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
What do you guys think, real or fake?

oak3_zpse1ee12eb.jpg

oak2_zpsad456c8f.jpg

oak1_zps2edd011c.jpg

oak7_zpscb8e45ab.jpg

oak6_zps61db502d.jpg

oak5_zps80892a9e.jpg

oak4_zps1759213b.jpg

Well, one thing that stands out that helps the claim of them real is that on the bottom corner of the left lens on these has the 'Polarized' etching on them. Now whether this has been reproduced on previous fakes I am not as sure as most of the folks here are. Do they claim them as the customized or stock?

Well, one thing that stands out that helps the claim of them real is that on the bottom corner of the left lens on these has the 'Polarized' etching on them. Now whether this has been reproduced on previous fakes I am not as sure as most of the folks here are. Do they claim them as the customized or stock?

Saying polarized gascans stock, I bought both (good deal) and the seller said the he would accept returns if I am not satisfied, I wanted to get more opinions on them. Everything I looked at online and the pics matched but I just wanted more proof on my side

Well, at least they're not claiming them to be Oakleys. However, those having a camera on them is actually kinda cool, but not $200 cool.

@ itsjustme:
One way that I have found out from a friend of mine to determine whether the polarized lenses are real or fake was to place one pair of glasses behind the other, look into them and turn one of the either clockwise or counter clockwise and see if the lenses provide a crosshatch on the lenses. If they do, then they are real. It's hard to explain, but maybe I can find a video on it.

Well, at least they're not claiming them to be Oakleys. However, those having a camera on them is actually kinda cool, but not $200 cool.

@ itsjustme:
One way that I have found out from a friend of mine to determine whether the polarized lenses are real or fake was to place one pair of glasses behind the other, look into them and turn one of the either clockwise or counter clockwise and see if the lenses provide a crosshatch on the lenses. If they do, then they are real. It's hard to explain, but maybe I can find a video on it.

There are several polarized tests.

But yes, two polarized filters oriented 90 degrees from each other will block out all light.

Many car windshields and windows will appear a different color or have some of the layering visible with polarized lenses.

LCD screens will appear discolored or rainbow, and will black out if the polarized glasses are turned at a certain angle. This includes a lot of car information displays.

Oakley makes signs and displays that are only visible when wearing polarized lenses, for a quick demo in stores.

X-metal experts:
This box looks fishy. Says Ice iridium, he says they are gold iridium.
Is there enough here to tell if fake?
dfgdfg.jpg

IMG955247.jpg

IMG955859.jpg

IMG951270.jpg

IMG956986.jpg

IMG954083.jpg

Latest Posts

Back