• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Offshoot - no numbers on arms

Oak77

Oakley Beginner
Hi there my first post.

I bought my first ever pair of Oakley's today, offshoots and turbine. Really love how they look and fit on a big head haha. I'm thinking of buying another set of offshoots as a spare pare since they're superseded now, unfortunately.

Question. The turbines have numbers on their arms but the offshoots don't. I was told that the offshoots were a special order - one of the kind. I purchased both from an Oakley vault dealer which means they get the old stock. Has anyone seen this before? Could it be a display model only? If you need pictures let me know?

Cheers

One can never go wrong with pictures.

In this case, the dealer is almost right. It is the models that came through the Oakley Custom Program will not have the model number printed. Also some that were just assembled from spare parts may not have it either. These are called MPH (Mr. Potato Head)...these are destined for the Oakley Vault.

Pictures
IMAG0980.jpg

Yeah, would be a MPH...No official Offshoot came in a brownish colorway with chrome or mixmatch pieces.

Congrats on your bargain.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

These models released are brown which I think are the same color frames as mine??

Oakley OFFSHOOT Brown Sepia Smoke w Bronze Iridium Sunglass OO9190-02

These models released are brown which I think are the same color frames as mine??

Oakley OFFSHOOT Brown Sepia Smoke w Bronze Iridium Sunglass OO9190-02
The bands (for lack of a better term) on yours look more chrome. The one you mention has bronze/brassy looking bands.

Otherwise, I'd agree with your frame color.

Thanks for all your help.

Are these the same color frames as my offshoots and are they the real deal Oakley's?

Oakley Offshoot Sunglasses OO9190-02 Brown Smoke Frame W/ Dark Bronze Lens 2001040637056 | eBay

Is the 02 of the (OOXXXX-02) numbers the color of the frames? My Turbine's have this part number ending with OOXXXX-02 which are the same color as my offshoots.

View attachment 548691
I would not get them from whatever site that is. They are charging more than the official Oakley site for that frame. https://www.oakley.com/en-us/product/W0OO9263

02 does on any Oakley frame does not necessarily mean the frame will be bronze.

What is the replacement model for the offshoots? Batwolf
The Batwolf came before the Offshoot.

The Offshoot would never truly be replaced in my mind. Nothing quite fits me like it.

But look at the Turbine Rotor, Crossrange Shield, Straightback, or the aforementioned Batwolf into want a current shield

Back