1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Peter Gilley

Peter Gilley Oakley Beginner

I found a pair of white rigs with ghost text for 39.95 at a pawn shop they have light scratches... Very light, but I wonder if this is a good deal? Oh, it comes with a soft vault

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Post a pix.... We Love pix!!!!! Sounds like a great deal....

3. OBlazer

OBlazer Oakley Enthusiast

OR1 or OR2? either way its still a pretty good deal

4. Johnny Hundreds

Johnny Hundreds Banned

if the soft vault is GREY...WALK AWAY!
    i think that saying can stick around on here,eh? lol...
    anywho...post pics!
    That could be a good pickup!

5. Peter Gilley

Peter Gilley Oakley Beginner

I haven't bought them yet, probably won't.... I think they might be fake. Besides i found some Probations in excellent condition for $80.00.... I will have to research the oil rigs to make sure they are on the up and up. they seem to have the old style icon on the side and i am not sure if they ever made a white oil rig with ghost text with the original oil rig icon. also the stems are more solid than the current ones, none of the ridges on the backside... if anyone can help I might be able to scrounge up some more for them

6. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

Yes they did make White with Text in the Gen 1 Oil Rig. The arms are definitely more solid on the Gen 1 as well. I don't recall seeing fakes with Text, but then I don't really look for them either. Sounds real, but do your research and be sure. If they are real and the frame is good, pop in a new lens and your set.