1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

Anyone with both of these can tell me the difference between the two in terms of vision and appearance? Pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. i'm broke now

i'm broke now Oakley Beginner

OO BIP is a contrasting lens w/a rose tint, BIP is a neutral lens w/a grey tint

3. Blake Thomas

Blake Thomas Oakley Beginner

OO BIP doesn't have that rainbow effect from looking through cheap car tints and lcd screens too.

4. Razerwire

Thanks for the info guys. As far as appearance goes, is one darker than the other? I have a polished carbon XS coming and I'm wondering what would look best on them.

5. Herbsley

Herbsley Royal Duke of Hijinx

From the outside, BIP is darker.

6. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

the OO lens range is amazing. given the same price theres no questions for me.. i'll go OO. i love the contrast boost

7. Herbsley

Herbsley Royal Duke of Hijinx

I agree.
    Certainly for changeable conditions, the OO Black Iridium Polarised is tough to beat.
    In my view, only in super-bright sunny conditions does the BIP have the advantage.

I've got OO BIP in my Eyepatch 2 - and I am finding more and more that I am using them as an easy 'go-to' pair if I am in a hurry and the weather looks like it will be changeable during the day. It's a no-brainer.

8. Razerwire

Awesome. Thanks for the input guys. I'll most likely pick up a set of the OO BIP for the Polished Carbon XS then.

9. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

I thoroughly enjoy the OO line. I was a huge fan of the OO Grey as well, but it lacks that nice iridium coating unfortunately. If you like the Vr28 lenses, these'll fit in nicely :smile:

10. Razerwire

I just bought a set of VR28s for Juliets which I'm excited to try out tomorrow. I have a polished carbon XS coming in the mail tomorrow which I plan on putting the OO BIPs in. I had to go through O.com warranty for them. Can't wait to try those as well.