• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Opinions on Prizm Golf for Scoped Rifle Shooting

FALLMAN

Oakley Beginner
I am looking for some informed opinions on using the Prizm Golf for shooting. I understand that the Dark Golf is very close to the TR22 lens. However, I happen to be 69 years old and for as long as they will let me I compete in PRS matches and Long Range Challenges that go out to 1100 yards. My old eyes seem to crave more light so I am thinking about the Prizm Golf with a VLT of 30%. Anybody have any thoughts or opinions>

Aloha and welcome to the Forum. :cool-33:🤙

Iz shaka.gif

Welcome to the forum 😎
Are you ex-military or 1st responder?
If so I would suggest going to the Oakley si website for more information on various style and lenses. Personally I’m a fan of the radar frame that allows y to swap out between the prizm tr22 or tr45 depending on how much light you want to filter out. Or you have the option to build yourself a custom pair with a variety of lens colors that will vary in light transmission percentages. Like most things everyone has a personal preference, especially when it comes to light sensitivity. Good luck finding something that works for you personally. But you are on the right track with a prizm lens.

Hey Fallman,

This post is a bit older and hopefully you found your answer but I think your on the right track with your lens selection so I thought I would throw in my two cents here. So I went through sniper school some years back and used a prism lens and it worked out pretty well for me. Our class went through training in December so we were dealing with the sunshine, clouds, glare off of the snow and just about every light condition you can think of all the way out to 1000 yards.
I was the oldest in my class at the time and needed a bit more light like yourself and these worked out really well for me.

Hope this helps.

Back